Our Favorite Finds
- Scrap Happy. Stoddard, Paula // Quiltmaker;Mar/Apr2013, Issue 150, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to quilting which include the most important things in scrappy-quilt life, and the best thing about the Easy Angle ruler and the Companion Angle ruler.
- Serging Ahead. GRIEPENTROG, LINDA TURNER // Quilter's World;Aug2009, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses the use of sergers by quilters. A serger is described as a specialized machine that forms overcasting stitches using overcasting stitches using multiple loopers and needle in combination. Usually used in seam and edge finishing, the serger can create three types of...
- Mercury Template. Harvey, Sue // Quilter's World;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Presents information on the Mercury Template, which cuts any shapes from fabric strips using a rotary cutter. Benefits of the tool for quiltmakers; Size; Cost.
- Black & Decker Power Scissors. Harvey, Sue // Quilter's World;Aug2006, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p10
Provides information on the Black & Decker Power Scissors. Advantages of the tool for quiltmakers; Features; Cost; Contact information.
- SEW MANY tips. // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Mar/Apr2012, p8
The article offers wide range of ideas and projects from quilters. These include a tool holder for scissors from Donna Palmer, a pincushion cuff made by an old sock from Dorothy Pugh, and a glass full of colored marbles to hold sewing tools from Linda Schultz. Details on where to send such ideas...
- Fabrics, Fabrics, Fabrics: Looking at Fabric Graphics. // Your First Quilt Book (Or It Should Be!);1997, p15
The article offers information on the fabrics used in quiltmaking. It states that cotton is the suggested fabric for beginners because it creases along the lines of a patchwork easily compared with other kinds of fabric. It mentions that before purchasing fabric it is significant to determine...
- Fabrics, Fabrics, Fabrics: How Much Fabric Should I Buy? (you'll love this answer!). // Your First Quilt Book (Or It Should Be!);1997, p24
The article offers information on the needed fabrics for quilting. It states that the quilters should consider a more logical approach on the size of their future projects. It says that the longest-piece method can be considered in estimating yardage. It adds that extra fabrics can be useful in...
- The Infinite Hexagon. Harris, Diane // Quiltmaker;May/Jun2013, Issue 151, p19
The article offers information concerning the use of hexagon in quiltmaking. It notes that quiltmakers can use hexagons in creating pictures, scenes, and words or can add piecing for a kaleidoscope effect. It also notes that the six-sided shape can be used to design flowers or entire gardens and...
- On a Roll. GRIEPENTROG, LINDA TURNER // Quilter's World;Jun2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses rotary cutters and mats for quilting. According to the author, the rotary cutter is one tool that quilters cannot do without. It presents sizes and shapes of rotary cutters for various purposes, differentiating features among brands and their proper maintenance. Also...