New Books & Products
- Perfect Party Plans. McLaughlin, Lisa // Time;12/6/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 23, p125
Mentions how books cookbooks developed by celebrity caterers and chefs offer much advice about festive foods and hosting holiday events. Reference to the recipes and stories featured in the book 'Serena, Food & Stories' by Serena Bass; How Nigella Lawson focuses on how food is used to celebrate...
- COOK'S NOTES. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p200
The article provides information on measurements and equipment used for cooking including cups and spoons and also offers some cooking tips when seasoning food to taste, blanching an ingredient and dry-roasting spices.
- COOKâ€™S NOTES. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Mar2016, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p184
The article offers cooking tips and instructions, and includes information on the proper use of various food ingredients including eggs, spices, and sugar syrup.
- great GRILLING part II: spices, rubs & more. DiVita, Lee J. // Fancy Food & Culinary Products;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Talks about spices, rubs and equipment used in gourmet grilling. Grilling Rubs from Brickstone Foods; Chesapeake Bay Style Seafood Seasoning from the Blue Crab Bay Co.; FlameWorks Hot Rod Edition of grilling tools from Chef'n Corp. INSET: Barbecue Tips From The Bayou.
- Hot and spicy foods are nothing new. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
The article presents the report in the journal Science which shows that the use of chillies in cooking may date back more than 6,000 years, based on the discovery of chilli grains in South-western Ecuador and the presence of microscopic traces on cooking equipment dating from the time. The...
- PAM DANIEL'S PARTY DONT'S. Daniel, Pam // Sarasota Magazine;Feb2013, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p27
The article offers tips for hostesses on the do's and don'ts when holding a party to avoid disasters. Hostesses must check their equipment before asking a guest to do the cooking, should not use heirloom silver for picnic, and ensure that every guest has enough seating. Also, they must ensure...
- Market basket. // Food Management;May2002, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p92
Presents several food products and cooking equipment. Features of the Dinex International refrigerator; Information on the gourmet stuffed chicken breast from Barber Foods; Baked goods offered by Multifoods.
- IN LOVE WITH SPICES. // SupermarketNews;Sep2015, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p32
The article reviews cooking pastes from Naaz that selects quality and authentic spices.
- Walter Potenza. M. D. // Today's Diet & Nutrition;Sep2010, p54
An interview with Walter Potenza, chef-owner of Walter's Ristorante d'Italia in Providence, Rhode Island, is presented. When asked about the kitchen appliance he used most, he refers to the KitchenAid Immersion Blender which he uses for making sauce. Potenza enumerates his top five choice of...