BEADS, BAUBLES & BONE, OH MY!
- Getting Started. // Crochet Holiday Collection;2001, p156
The article presents guidelines in using yarns and hooks in crocheting. Always use the weight of yarn specified in the pattern. It is best to purchase extra of each color needed to allow for differences in tension and dyes. The hook size stated in the pattern is to be used as a guide. Always...
- Supplies. // Making Eyelash Crochet Leis 2;2003, p2
The article presents the supplies needed in making eyelash crochet leis. A list of yarn stores in Hawaii is presented. It describes the Susan Bates Quicksilver size K crochet hook. It outlines the yarns that are interchangeable and can be substituted if the specified yarn is unavailable. It...
- Objects of desire. Goewey, Jacqueline // InStyle;Mar98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p137
Presents products bought by several celebrities in Hollywood, California. Teapot set of Parker Posey; Candles on sale in Knorr Candle Factory and Store where Janet Jackson frequently buys; Bath towels of Gillian Anderson.
- Rebar placing system. // Concrete Construction;Jan2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p118
The article introduces Grab-R/Grab Hook System from QuickFormZ. The product is a grebar placing system. It eliminates the need for braces, tie wire, or excess lumber and it installs quickly and easily.
- GREAT CROCHET: SIMPLE TIPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN PART 1. Turner, Pauline // Crochet!;Jul2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p62
The article offers tips on crocheting. Details of how to use several types of yarn to complement a design are outlined. Tips on selecting hooks for a crochet design are provided. The process of crocheting with one type of yarn to another type of yarn is described. The steps in crocheting a...
- HOOK GRABBER. Reich, Anna Victoria // Crochet World;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p11
The article offers a tip on how to hold a crochet hook through the hole of a crochet cushion.
- General Instructions. // Crochet With Bits & Pieces;2005, p174
The article offers several crocheting tips. The size of crochet hooks to be used in a project depends on the weights of yarn and thread, while the size of stitches a hook can make will become smaller as the hook number increases. Gauge refers to the tightness or looseness of stitches, which is...
- Best Bets. Suqi, Rima // New York;10/28/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 37, p70
Features several commercial products in New York. Introduction of colorful clothes hooks from Eziba; Release of Crunchkins cards for house pets; from The Barking Zoo; Features of the Spheres Television Videoball from Memorex.
- Hold Everything. M. D. // American Salon;Oct2008, Vol. 131 Issue 10, p34
The article evaluates the Luxe Link purse link for hanging handbags designed by designer Kalika Yap.