Quebec strain of C. difficile in 7 provinces
- Risk Factors for and Estimated Incidence of Community-associated Clostridium difficile Infection, North Carolina, USA. Kutty, Preeta K.; Woods, Christopher W.; Sena, Arlene C.; Benoit, Stephen R.; Naggie, Susanna; Frederick, Joyce; Evans, Sharon; Engel, Jeffery; McDonald, L. Clifford // Emerging Infectious Diseases;Feb2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p197
We determined estimated incidence of and risk factors for community-associated Clostridium difficile infection (CA-CDI) among patients treated at 6 North Carolina hospitals. CA-CDI case-patients were defined as adults (>18 years of age) with a positive stool test result for C. difficile toxin...
- The Management of Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhoea in a Community Hospital. Tomkins, K.; Raynor, J.; Rothwell, L.; DeSilva, J.; Wilson, C. // West Indian Medical Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p57
Objective: To review the management of patients with Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD). Methods: A retrospective study was conducted on 26 patients with clinical symptoms of CDAD and positive tests for C difficile toxins A and/or B in stool samples, over a 12- month period....
- Clostridium difficile infection in Italian urban hospitals: data from 2006 through 2011. Bella, Stefano Di; Musso, Maria; Cataldo, Maria A.; Meledandri, Marcello; Bordi, Eugenio; Capozzi, Daniela; Cava, Maria C.; Chiaradonna, Patrizia; Prignano, Grazia; Petrosillo, Nicola // BMC Infectious Diseases;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: In developed countries, Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) represents an emerging threat in terms of morbidity and mortality rates. In our country limited CDI epidemiological data can be found. We have conducted a 6-year retrospective study to evaluate the incidence of CDI in...
- Clostridium difficile Antibiotic-Associated Colitis. Broitman, Selwyn A. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1986, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p1005
Discusses research being done on the diagnostic strategies being done for the identification of Clostridum difficile (C. difficile)-associated colitis. Reference to a study by D. G. Teasley et al published in a 1983 issue of "Lancet" journal; Percentage of C. difficile isolated from patients...
- Clostridium difficile infection in an Iranian hospital. // BMC Research Notes;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p159
The article presents information on a study which focuses on the epidemiology and microbiology of clostridium difficile infection (CDI) in diverse regions. In this study, stool samples were collected from individuals with diarrhea at the Isfahan University of Medical Sciences Teaching Hospital,...
- Clostridium difficile Culture-Positive Toxin-Negative Diarrhea. Lashner, Bret A.; Todorczuk, Janet; Sahm, Daniel F.; Hanauer, Stephen B. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1986, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p940
Antibiotic-associated colitis (AAC) is confirmed by the isolation of Clostridium difficile cytotoxin from stool in patients with diarrhea. Culture of the organism has not been required to confirm the diagnosis. A review of cases of C. difficile culture-positive patients was...
- Cutting into C. diff rates. // Hospital Peer Review;Nov2013, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p128
The article reports on a program to lessen the incidence of Clostridium difficile infections at Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital in Marietta, Georgia.
- C. Diff Inquiry Highlights Cleaning Lapses. Tostenson, Laurie; Ptak, Judy // Executive Housekeeping Today;Feb2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the increase of Clostridium difficile infections due to cleaning lapses of nurses and housekeepers in the hospitals.
- Multi-country surveillance needed to detect, control C. difficile in hospitals. DeNyse, Ashley; Henry, Jennifer // Infectious Disease News;Dec2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses research which stressed the importance of multi-country surveillance in detecting and controlling Clostridium difficile in hospitals.