Phase 2: Benchmarks to accountability
- NCC puts spotlight on compliance. // Computer Weekly;3/1/2005, p36
The article reports that the National Computing Centre Ltd. is holding a major one-day conference entitled Managing compliance in the public sector. The conference aims to help managers of information technology understand the compliance landscape and the overlap between legislation, standards...
- Be a link in our security group. Schneider, Karl // Computer Weekly;3/28/2002, p24
Reports the launch of Infosecurity User Group, a networking benchmarking and information resource for information technology (IT) professionals by the journal 'Computer Weekly.' Efforts to ensure security in systems; Organization of regular networking events; Delivery of IT security research...
- CASTING BENCHMARK BALLOTS. COFFEE, PETER // eWeek;10/16/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p67
Focuses on the information technology (IT) benchmark wars in the United States. Comparison of the IT wars on campaign-trail intelligence quotient (IQ) debates; Assertions on the importance of IQ testing; Comparison between a high-speed server and a brilliant candidate with incompetent advisers.
- Workshops will demo online benchmarking. Bourke, Joanna // Commercial Motor;7/3/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5287, p13
The article offers information on the free workshops conducted by the OnLine Benchmarking (OLB) pilot programme to be held in London, England on July 10, 2008.
- Benchmarking theme of South Wales lecture. // Supply Management;4/2/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p41
The article offers information on the lecture on online competence assessment and benchmarking capability to be given by Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) member Professor Adrew Cox on April 29, 2009 at the University of Glamorgan's ATRiuM campus in Cardiff, Wales.
- InTouch : Up your business ante in Queenstown. // New Zealand Management;Sep2008, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p15
The article offers information on the workshop "How to Implement Benchmarking Well for Competitive Advantage and Excellent Customer Service" in New Zealand on October 20 and 21, 2008.
- Benchmark blues. Dickerson, Chad // InfoWorld;3/24/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p48
Discusses the use of benchmarks in testing information technology (IT) products. Benefits of applying benchmarks; Information on the use of benchmarks by 'Infoworld' magazine in evaluating IT applications. INSET: CTOs building solid track records.
- Telecom benchmarking: Leveraging `best in class'. Barrett, Kathleen // Business Communications Review;Jan1994, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p27
Focuses on areas of measurement for benchmarking as applied in information technology. Systems measures; Quality measures; Staffing measures; Financial measures; High-level performance measures; Key issues and questions.
- Benchmarking IT. Greene, Charles B. // Across the Board;Mar1994, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p49
Focuses on benchmarking of information technology (IT) by companies. Improvement actions stemming from IT benchmarking; IT benchmarking at Estee Lauder Information Services, Honeywell Europe SA, Amoco Corp. and American Express Company.