Australian diet plan slammed
- FOOD WATCH the myths & facts. Keens, Leta // Good Health & Medicine;Jun2008, p136
The article talks about the truth and the most commonly held beliefs about nutrition. The first myth according to Dr. Rosemary Stanton is that a pregnant woman should eat the nutrients for two and the kilojoules for one. However, she stresses that as the pregnancy progresses, the pregnant woman...
- Business lost on Howard's way. Skotnicki, Tom // BRW;3/28/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the industrial innovation policy introduced by Prime Minister John Howard in Australia. Emphasis of the program on the needs of educational institutions and research agencies; Complaints of businesses on the attention received by the business sector; Role of the National Innovation...
- MEET Dr Detox. Campbell, Annette; Gibson, Donna // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);2/21/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p76
Presents information on a detoxification diet devised by Melbourne, Victoria-based physician John Tickell. Risks in adopting the diet plan; Tips on executing the detoxification process; People who are advised not to try the diet.
- THE GREAT Australian Diet. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);9/18/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 38, p121
The article provides information on the Great Australian Diet developed by John Tickell. This diet was used to transform the celebrities in Nine's reality series Celebrity Overhaul. His 91-day program is anti CSIRO and Atkins and emphasizes instead the importance of food variety and plant foods,...
- ROSEMARY STANTON AT 70: From escaping a sect to fighting food fads. Weaver, Clair // Australian Women's Weekly;Feb2016, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p74
The article offers the insights of nutritionist Rosemary Stanton related to obesity and her career. Topics include her life and childhood where her parents converted to the evangelical order after the death of their first child, the importance of maintaining active lifestyle to prevent obesity,...
- LEADING LEO. Toth, Dadhichi // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/31/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6580, p9
The article presents the horoscope of Australian Prime Minister John Howard, before his 68th birthday on July 26, 2007, by Australian astrologer Dadhichi Toth who has predicted that Howard's life is full of controversies, enemies and battles.
- White and beautiful? Roberts, Melissa // Bulletin with Newsweek;3/26/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6015, p74
Presents information on the new Prime Minister of Australia, John Howard. Pauline Hanson's opinion on the way Paul Keating handled the Aborigines; Information on the racist vote; Details on the Aboriginal families.
- Quoted. // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/23/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6592, p10
The article presents quotes from Australian Prime Minister John Howard, who warns of the power of the unionists of the Labor Party; Howard Broad, New Zealand Police Commissioner, defending the arrest of 14 Maori environmental activists; and Reg Howard-Smith, Western Australia Chamber of Minerals...
- Quoted. // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/28/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6584, p11
The article presents quotes from Glenn Stevens, governor of the Australian Reserve Bank, on people's behavior after volatility, academician Germaine Greer on the life of late Princess of Wales, and Australian Prime Minister John Howard on his willingness to ignore state governments in a speech...