House Sends Louisiana Housing Aid Bill to Senate
- Chronicle. // America;5/5/1928, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p73
The article offers world news briefs as of May 1928. The U.S. House of Representatives signed the 1928 Flood Control Act with 254 to 91 votes resulting to an appropriation of $352,500,000, creation of a board and provision of lands for the project. The Bulgarian Parliament approved a federal...
- Senate Passes $165.4 Billion In War Supplemental Spending, Sends Back To House. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;5/23/2008, Vol. 238 Issue 39, p1
The article reports that the $165.4 billion supplemental defense funding bill passed by the U.S. Senate on May 22, 2008 shifted back to the House. The Senate-passed bill calls for an array of systems which include C-17 airlifters, C-130 transport aircraft and mine-resistant vehicles. Particular...
- Conservatives Fall Short in Quest to Defeat 527 Bill. Bluey, Robert B. // Human Events;4/10/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 13, p5
The article reports on the inability of U.S. House conservatives to defeat a spending measure with budget cuts called the 527 Reform Act in the U.S. Congress in April 2006. Republican Study Committee Chairman Mike Pence (Ind.) cites his reason for not supporting the bill. The House Rules...
- House passes 2013 Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;3/25/2013, p3
The article reports that the Fiscal Year (FY) 2013 Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act (H.R. 933) was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives in April 2013, which is designed to allocate 984 billion U.S. dollars for federal non-emergency discretionary funding.
- Push is on to pass stopgap funding bill. Cirilli, Kevin // Hill;9/15/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 96, p16
The article reports on the efforts of U.S. lawmakers to forward the short-term funding bill to the Senate House in September 2014 to prevent the occurrence of a government shutdown in the country.
- Left distrusts centrist push on pay-go rule. Soraghan, Mike // Hill;6/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 73, p1
The article reports on the controversy among the liberal House members concerning the legislation of the pay-as-you-go bill to whether the bill be continue to pass or not in the U.S.
- R.I. Senate Weighs Advance for Cash-Strapped City. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;1/17/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33647, p8
The article reports on the U.S. House of Representatives' approval of a measure that authorizes state-appointed budget oversight commissions including one in East Providence, Rhode Island to certify the need for cash advances to the U.S. Department of Revenue.
- Key House Committee Green-Lights Final Regulatory Reform Measures. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33227, p5
The article reports on the approval of final two pieces on the proposed financial regulatory system by the House of Financial Services Committee in the U.S. The committee has granted its permission on a package of legislation to reshape the financial policy, which targeted for the full House to...
- Key House members introduce bill to extend flood insurance program. // Mortgage Banking;Aug2009, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the bill introduced by the two senior lawmakers from the U.S. House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank and Financial Services Housing Subcommittee Maxine Waters last July 9, 2009. It states that the bill was to extend the National Flood Insurance Program...