Mississippi Development Bank Selling $51 M for Bridge Loans
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p38
The article presents the legislative status of several laws related to public finance in the U.S. The HR 4337: Gulf Opportunity Zone Public Finance Relief Act, which was split off from the fiscal 2006 budget and tax reconciliation package, is pending in the House Ways and Means Committee. The...
- Mississippi OKs $10M in GOs for Disaster Relief. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31515, p40
Reports on the issuance of 10 million dollars of general obligation bonds for disaster relief by Mississippi lawmakers on November 14, 2002. Declaration of a state of emergency in counties after tornadoes hit the state on November 10; Repair of damaged schools in the Columbus Municipal School...
- Lazio scores with euro bond for charity. Reilly, Teresa // Public Finance;09/24/99, p8
Reports that the central Italian region of Lazio launched a `charity' bond in the European single currency. Amount raised for the Italian relief effort in Kosovo; Mechanics of bond offering.
- N.C. bonds would aid Floyd effort. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/15/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30748, p1
Reports on North Carolina Governor Jim Hunt's stance on a bond proposal to help the state recover from damages caused by Hurricane Floyd. Special legislation session being considered to tackle the proposal; Concerns of public officials on the use of a bond issue for disaster assistance; Terms...
- Industry aids typhoon reconstruction. // International Construction;Dec2013, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p6
The article highlights several development banks and equipment manufacturers that provide financial assistance to the victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines on November 8, 2013, including the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, and Hyundai Corp.
- GDB: Puerto Rico's Quiet Powerhouse for Bond Business. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/01/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30881, p38
Reports on the contribution of the Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico to the success of Puerto Rico's bond business. Raising of the bond rating of Puerto Rico; Privatization and economic stimulation effort.
- The Geneva Association: Role of the Asian Development Bank. Chatterjee, Arup // Asia Insurance Review;Mar2012, p52
The article presents information on the role of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in the economic growth of developing economies in Asia. It is stated that deep and liquid bond and derivative markets are required for the improvement of monetary and exchange rate management for international reserves....
- A Good Retrofit. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31685, p31
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds by California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank to five of the seven bridges operated by Bay Area Toll Authority in San Francisco Bay area. Rating of the bond by Moody's Investor Service; Sale of the bonds through negotiations with a syndicate led...
- Green Bonds Grow Up. Wasik, John F. // REP.;Sep2015, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p36
The article reports that environmentally friendly infrastructure projects funded by bonds are attracting investor interest. It states that debt securities direcdy finance projects such as renewable energy generation through solar power installations are financially supported by global finance...