MAC Chief Picked for Fund
- Back at MAC: Ballan Reappointed as New York Chair. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/20/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32282, p25
The article reports that New York Governor George Pataki and the state Senate have reappointed veteran public finance attorney Jonathan Ballan as chairman of the state Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC), which was formed in 1975 to help New York City survive its fiscal crisis. Ballan was first...
- Newsmakers. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/27/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p31
The article presents news developments related to executives in Westchester, New York as of March 27, 2006. These include: the appointment of Richard Pashko as vice president of the commercial lending team in the Carmel office of Provident Bank, selection of Doctor Jerald D. Wishner as director...
- NEW YORK: Westchester Reviews Itself. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/7/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33228, p9
The article reports on the efforts of bond counsel Jonathan Ballan to review Westchester County's finances as part of the finance committee transition team in New York. It notes that Ballan is analyzing the finance department following the progression of the new county executive Rob Astorino. It...
- Head of N.Y. MAC says maybe it should take a leaf from TFA's book. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/26/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30239, p40
Focuses on New York City Municipal Assistance Corp.'s (NYMCA) plan to explore the possibility of winning higher ratings by mimicking the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's (NYCTFA) approach. Similarities of NYMCA's structure with the NYTCA; Ratings received by the two agencies for...
- Wanted: Someone to Manage $36 Billion in Equities. Tagle, Joe // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article announces the hiring of a portfolio manager by Illinois Treasury Department's Investment Division to lead its public equities program.
- The OPM Factor. Stein, David M.; McIntire, Greg // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p99
Discusses the importance of overlay portfolio management to multi-manager account programs. Logic behind an overlay portfolio management; Benefits of multi-manager accounts; Steps on how to design and implement an overlay portfolio.
- Meyer: More shifts to euros possible. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p2
Reveals that there has not been a portfolio diversification from American dollars to the euro since the introduction of the common European currency, according to the United States Federal Reserve Board Governor Laurence Meyer.
- Not quite the end of unit trusts. Basson, Handrie // Finance Week;04/06/2001, p63
Discusses the prospects for the adoption of folios, an initiative introduced in the United States in March 2000 to enable investors to choose shares and compile their own portfolios, in South Africa. Benefits of folios for investors; Impact on unit trusts; Factors affecting investors'...
- Out of balance. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;3/3/2003, p47
Evaluates the performance of balanced investment portfolios in South Africa. Purpose of maintaining balanced portfolios; Fallacies about balanced portfolios.