Military Base Bill Cleared
- Closure costs at fort double projections. Burd, Joshua // njbiz;7/16/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p2
The article reports that the closure of Fort Monmouth, New Jersey in 2011 was worth 1.9 billion dollars in costs, where the closure was part of the Base Realignment and Closure initiative of the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Base Closure Appeal. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p33
Reports on the move of legislators involved in the blockade of the proposed closure of Fort Monmouth in New Jersey to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court after a lower court dismiss the lawsuit. Demand of plaintiffs for an injunction that would prevent the Base Realignment and Closure Commission...
- Targeted Base Praised. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;6/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32152, p33
The article reports that civilian employees at a military base facing closure won an award last week for creating a new radar system that tracks enemy mortar rounds. The employees at Fort Monmouth were recognized for their work in developing the Lightweight Counter-Mortar Radar as part of the...
- Defending Jobs and $2 Billion in Revenue. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;5/23/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p8
Focuses on the efforts of officials in New Jersey to save a military base in Fort Monmouth that was ordered by the U.S. Department of Defense to be closed. Potential impact of closing the base on the state; Analysis of the department's recommendations by the Base Realignment and Closure...
- Amendment would update base plan. Burd, Joshua // njbiz;2/27/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p2
This article reports on a proposal of Fort Monmouth Economic Revitalization Authority to amend its plan for Fort Monmouth, New Jersey so as to allow a software firm to build a new headquarters in the site.
- Solid Particle Erosion Testing of Helicopter Rotor Blade Materials. Pepi, Marc; Squillacioti, Richard; Pfledderer, Lynne; Phelps, Andrew // Journal of Failure Analysis & Prevention;Feb2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p96
The Army Research Laboratory (ARL) was asked to participate in an OSD-funded erosion effort by the Coating Technology Integration Office at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Solid particle (sand) erosion testing was conducted by the University of Dayton Research Institute to determine the erosion...
- Transparent Armour Materials. Sands, James M.; Patel, Parimal J.; Dehmer, Peter G.; Hsieh, Alex J.; Boyce, Mary C. // Military Technology;2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, Special section p26
The article examines the application of transparent armor materials which are significant in facilitating military effectiveness. It highlights the program of the Army Research Laboratory which developed the riot and the explosive ordinance disposal (EOD) visors for facial protection. It...
- Armed Forces Recreation Society: Directorate Earns National Accreditation. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2004, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p67
Reports on national accreditation received by the Morale, Welfare and Recreation military installation of Fort Monmouth, New Jersey from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA) on October 21, 2003. Information on the process of accreditation; Background on...
- NEW JERSEY: Army Retreat on Schedule. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/20/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33535, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Army is scheduled to leave Fort Monmouth, New Jersey on September 15, 2011, contending issues that they would remain on the site for another year.