Arundel's Big GO Deal
- Comptroller: N.Y., N.Y.C. Issuers to Sell $5 Billion in 1Q, Down From 2003. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31801, p5
Reports that New York State and New York City bond issuers are expected to sell about $5 billion of debt during the first quarter of 2004. Major new-money deals concluded by the state and local governments; Tax-exempt revenue bonds issued by the state's Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
- Munis Firm as Heavy Calendar Draws Bidders. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article focuses on the status of municipal bonds in the U.S. Bidders are enticed into the market due to new bond issues including the one billion-dollar of Illinois State Toll Highway Authority bonds. According to traders, tax-exempt yields decline by two or three basis points as dealers...
- THE BOND BUYER NEW-ISSUE CALENDAR. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p8
Presents a chart depicting the schedule of bond deals of several government agencies and local authorities in the U.S. as of September 29, 2005.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32855, p27
Presents the results of competitive bond sales in the U.S. as of November 8, 2005. Amount involved in the bond transaction of Elmhurst City, Illinois; Bond structure used in the transaction Hastings City, Minnesota; Maturity of the bond anticipation noted issued by Alloway Township in New Jersey.
- Tampa, Fla., Expressway Authority Readies $325 Million Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32183, p3
Reports on the plan of the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority to sell new and refunding revenue bonds in Florida. Amount considered for issuance by the agency; Value of bond proceeds that will be used to repay loans from the State Transportation Trust Fund; Lead manager of the deal.
- Maine Democrats Push for $150 Million in Environmental GOs. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;1/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31801, p6
Reports on the plans of Democratic lawmakers in Maine to push for the approval of a $150 million environmental general obligation bond sale in January 2004. Details of the proposal introduced by House Majority Leader John Richardson; Reaction of Republican legislators to the size of the...
- Providence, R.I., and Brown University Eye Savings, Set to Market Refundings. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31861, p32
Reports that borrowers in Providence, Rhode Island are expected to market a pair of advance refunding in April 2004 despite the recent trend of rising yields in the municipal market. Amount of refunding bonds planned to be issued by the local government; Allocation of the bond proceeds; Rating...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Sept. 27, 2005. // Bond Buyer;9/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32228, p31
Presents a chart depicting the plain/insured general obligation yield curves in the U.S. as of September 27, 2005. Ratings assigned to the transaction of the state of Alabama;Yield curves for five-year notes of Georgia; Rates of the 10-year bonds for the state of West Virginia.
- Washington High Court Ruling Allows Bond-Backed Bridge Project to Continue. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31861, p32
Reports that the Washington State Supreme Court ruled against a lawsuit by opponents of new Tacoma Narrows Bridge in April 2004. Background on the government project; Source of funding for the project; Structure of the bond issuance planned by the state.