Bill Would Allow $400M a Year in School Bonds
- Tax-Credit Bond Bills for Schools in Works. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/13/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31076, p4
Focuses on United States Representative Loretta Sanchez's introduction of a bill that authorizes millions of dollars in tax-credit bonds for school construction over a two year period. Senator Tim Johnson's plan to allow millions of dollars in tax-credit bonds to be used for school construction...
- Goddard GO Vote. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p27
Reports that the Goddard School District in Sedgwick County, Kansas is seeking voter authority to issue general obligation bonds to build an elementary school and expand others. Issue on the ruling by Shawnee County District Court Judge Terry Bullock that the state's school funding formula was...
- Sanchez has chance of beating B-1 Bob Dornan. Knight, Niki // Lesbian News;Oct96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p35
Reports that Loretta Sanchez, a pro-gay Democratic Latina businesswoman, has a chance of defeating Congressman Bob Dornan, in the 1996 46th Congressional District in California. Borders of the 46th District; Comment that Dornan has become a national joke known as `B-1 Bob.'
- When democracy gets digital. Siegelbaum, Debbie // Hill;7/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 98, p22
The article focuses on the web site of TellDC adopted by Representative Loretta Sanchez to connect with the public in the U.S.
- Loretta's law. Lewis, Jim // Harper's Bazaar;Apr97, Issue 3425, p206
Features Loretta Sanchez, representative of Southern Carolina. Educational background of Sanchez; Her parents; How she describes herself; Remarks of other people about her; Her real name; Description of the strangest thing about her life in Washington; Her top priority; More information.
- Texas House OKs Money to Equalize School Finance, Escape 'Robin Hood'. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/07/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31133, p3
Reports on Texas House of Representatives' approval of a bill that would address inequality in the current state school finance formula by dispersing $1.2 billion to property-poor school districts and allowing wealthy districts to keep more of their tax revenue. Arguments expressed by...
- Wyoming ready to begin talks on controversial school funding bill. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p5
States that the Wyoming House of Representatives will start the debate on a legislation that will give additional state funds to local school districts. Concerns on the `unconstitutionality' of the state's educational system.
- N.Y. lawmaker pitches increased reimbursements to local school districts. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p5
Focuses on the enhanced reimbursement program proposed by a New York Assemblyman Steven Sanders to relieve most local school districts of their debt burden and jump-start renovations and construction for public schools in the state. Terms of the proposal; Implications for bond issues; Basis for...
- New law leaves Cross Roads without an election. Hannigan, Michael V. // Malakoff News (TX);8/3/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 31, p1A
The article reports on school finance reform legislation passed by the Texas Legislature in 2006 and its effects on the Cross Roads school district in Texas in August 2007.