Texas' Alamo Community College District to Sell First GOs Since 1992
- Alamo crticized for `electronic toys.' // Community College Week;09/22/97, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p13
Criticizes the Alamo Community College on San Antonio, Texas, for spending thousands of dollars on high-technology equipment for its board members. Criticism made by the `San Antonio Express-News' newspaper; Comments from Brian Fox, a trustee at the university.
- When it comes to punishing harassers, you can hold supervisors to a higher standard. // HR Specialist;Jul2013, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p3
The article discusses the California court case Grice v. Alamo Community College which deals with sexual harassment complaint.
- Mission Solar Energy partners with Alamo Colleges for grant. // Wilson County News;7/23/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p12A
The article focuses on a partnership between solar energy manufacturer Mission Solar Energy LLC and Alamo Colleges over job training using funding from Skills Development Fund granted by Texas Workforce Commission as of July 23, 2014.
- 2015 NFDA CCO Program Highlights. Nicodemus, Mike // Director (NFDA Services, Inc.);Dec2015, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p107
No abstract available.
- Texas Hold Him. Pohl, Robert J. // Academe;May/Apr2010, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p22
The article deals with the support given by the Alamo Community College District's board of trustees to Chancellor Bruce H. Leslie despite a vote of no confidence from faculty members from four of the five community colleges in San Antonio, Texas on September 15, 2009. George Johnson, president...
- Former Texas Trustee Chair, Architect Plead Guilty to Conspiracy. // Community College Week;6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p17
Reports that former chairman Robert Garza of Alamo Community College District in San Antonio, Texas and architect Louis Cruz have entered guilty pleas in connection with a bribery case. Sworn statement given by Cruz; Reason that Garza was barred from talking about the case.
- Workforce Training. // National Journal;6/15/2013, p16
This section offers news briefs related to workforce training in the U.S. as of June 2013. An apprenticeship initiative was launched by electronics firm Siemens to help the young workers in Charlotte, North Carolina. Hospital systems started to work together to address nursing shortage in...
- TEXAS: Ex-Trustee Loses Appeal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32483, p41
The article reports on the decline of the U.S. Supreme Court to hear the appeal of Jesse Gonzales, former trustee of Alamo Community College District in Texas. Gonzales, convicted in 2003 of bribery and money laundering, was sentenced to 12 years for his role in the bribery scandal. Gonzales was...
- Texas Appeals Court Upholds Fired Professor's Reinstatement, Settlement. FREEDMAN, IAN; FREEDMAN, ERIC // Community College Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p15
The article discusses a court case where a tenured chemistry professor was fired for alleged improper sexual behavior. The Texas Court of Appeals has thrice told the Alamo Community College District to reinstate William Miller. A lower court judge stated that Miller was not given a fair hearing...