Penn. Looks to Business
- Pennsylvania OKs Ballot Question Seeking $625M for the Environment. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32136, p40
The article reports that Pennsylvania voters approved a ballot question seeking 625 million dollars of general obligation bonds borrowing for environmental preservation. The success of the initiative, called "Growing Greener II," comes more than a year after Governor Ed Rendell, a Democrat,...
- Pennsylvania House Green-Lights at Least One Part of $1.1 Billion Stimulus Plan. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p34
Reports that the Pennsylvania House has passed one of two bills making up an economic stimulus package based on a proposal made by Governor Ed Rendell. Key provisions of the bill; Use of proceeds from bond issues planned under the package.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission Readies $450M of Bans for October. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p5
The article reports that the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission is preparing a $450 million bond anticipation note sale for the first week of October 2007, after Governor Edward G. Rendell has approved a transportation funding bill in July 2007. The approved transportation funding bill, Act 44,...
- Pennsylvania Gov. Rendell Pushes $1.5B in Development Bonds. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;4/14/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31614, p40
Reports on the proposal of governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell to issue $1.5 billion in economic development bonds for infrastructure and economic development. Utilization of the proceeds from bonds; Proposal to increase the state's personal income tax.
- National Reinvestment Bank Plan Losing Traction, Rendell Warns. Dutton, Audrey; Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/13/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33040, p5
The article reports on the warning of Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell that the national infrastructure reinvestment bank is in danger of being tabled as an option for states and localities to finance projects. Rendell said he has heard that the infrastructure bank proposal has lost...
- Gov. Rendell Signs Pennsylvania Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p28
Reports that Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell signed a supplement state budget following the legislature's passage. Increase in the personal income tax rate; Property tax relief rate; Benefits for schools; Ratings of Standard & Poor's and Fitch Ratings on Pennsylvania's GO debt.
- As Pennsylvania Bond Plan Stalls, Gov. Rendell Seeks Even More Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p1
Reports on the proposed fiscal 2004 budget of Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell on debts for environmental and water and sewer needs. Question of the Republicans about the proposed revenue stream for the environmental bonds; Assertion of deficit for the nextg fiscal year; Issuance of bonds for...
- Pennsylvania Governor, GOP at Odds Over Green Bonds, Income Tax Hike. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31915, p3
Reports on the deliberation of the Republican Party-controlled Pennsylvania Legislature on the multimillion bond issuance and personal income tax hike proposals made by state governor Edward Rendell. Disagreement between the executive department and legislators over educational spending,...
- PENNSYLVANIA: Aid for Chester's Soccer Plan. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p9
The article reports on the announcement of Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell that the state would grant $25 million to the city of Chester to help build a soccer stadium if the city secures a soccer franchise by the end of 2008. According to the report, the grant would be in addition to...