KDFA Issuing $204M in Debt for State Highway Fund
- Kansas DOT deal's size, scarcity should catch buyers' eyes. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30710, p5
Reports on Kansas Department of Transportation highway revenue bond issue expected to offer local and national investors the size and scarcity value. Total amount of the deal; Underwriting firm involved in the bond issue; Purpose of the bond to finance an expansion project at the Burnham...
- Kansas Governor Wants to Tap $175M in Tobacco, But Others Sound Alarm. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31605, p48
Despite a cloud of uncertainty rising over tobacco bonds, Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius hopes to issue $175 million of revenue bonds against national tobacco settlement funds to help cover a $105 million gap in the fiscal year 2003 budget and leaving $70 million to apply toward the next...
- Kansas Official Wants quick OK of $210M Transportation Sale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/13/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32277, p3
The article reports that Kansas Secretary of Transportation Deb Miller, has requested the state's Legislature to approve the early sale of approximately state general fund bonds worth $210 million. According to Miller, sale of the bonds is necessary to offset a shortfall in federal highway funds...
- Salomon to run books on Kansas DOT debt. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p24
Reports that the Kansas Department of Transportation has tapped Salomon Smith Barney Inc. to run the books on a new-money sale of highway revenue bonds.
- Solid structure makes Kansas DOT issue an appealing ride. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p29
Focuses on the Kansas Department of Transportation's $400 million revenue bond offering. Structure of the deal; Pricing of the bonds; Bond ratings; Target investors.
- Kansas DOT Marketing $250M in Highway Revenue Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p4
Reports that the Kansas Department of Transportation has started marketing its highway revenue bonds on June 7, 2004. Ratings for the bonds; Financial management assistance by Goldman, Sachs and Co. and Public Financial Management Inc.; Transportation plans for the state.
- Kansas Panel OKs Transportation Bill. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p5
The article reports on the endorsement of House Bill (HB) 2382 by the Kansas House Transportation Committee that establishes a new 10-year plan in Kansas. HB 2382, which includes an outline of the 10-year effort, does not set the amount of bonds the state could utilize for the transportation...
- Kansas DOT Kicks Off Its $1.7 Billion Road Bond Plan With Chunk of BABs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/17/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33367, p8
The article reports that the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) releases a total of 1.7 billion dollars bond with Build America Bonds for a 10-year transportation works program in Kansas. It notes that the bond could either be more or less since it depends on the actual revenues and...
- Kansas Agency Readies $25 Million of Transportation Revolving Fund Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/30/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32518, p3
The article reports that Kansas Development Finance Authority has put $25 million of transportation fund revenue bonds to finance much-needed road and bridge projects. The Kansas Department of Transportation put a significant amount of money of its annual appropriation into the fund in 2004 to...