- Anti-Gay Foster Care Ban Axed. // Just Out;6/16/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p24
The article reports that the Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon has indicated that the state's anti-gay foster care ban must be dropped. The action was commended by the American Civil Liberties Union. Nixon admitted that because the state's unconstitutional same-sex-only sodomy law was repealed...
- GC Imposter. Ecker, Keith // InsideCounsel;Feb2008, Issue 195, p13
This article reports on charges of deceptive business practice filed by Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon against former attorney Garry Champion for allegedly misrepresenting himself as a general counsel of a company. A letter was allegedly signed by Champion as a general counsel for a company...
- Collaboration in Missouri Higher Education: The MACE Initiative. Redmond, Willie // Teacher-Scholar;Fall2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on the Missouri Alliance for Collaborative Education (MACE) initiative lunched in response to the call of Missouri Governor Jay Nixon for higher education to adopt a goal that would strengthen higher educational system in the state while addressing economic development and...
- Missouri Governor Lays Out Budget and Agenda. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F304, p1
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon unveiled a fiscal 2016 budget that begins drawing on existing bonding authority to fund more than $300 million in projects at state facilities and public higher education institutions as the new legislative session kicks into high gear.
- A summary listing of higher- ed- related news from around the nation. // Community College Week;9/21/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p48
This section offers higher education news briefs in the U.S. as of September 21, 2015. Topics covered include Truckee Meadows Community College (CC) President Maria Sheehan's decision to retire in January 2016, the collaboration between Northwestern State University and Northshore Technical CC...
- Mo. Candidate Outlines College Affordability Plan. // Community College Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on a higher education plan announced by Attorney General Jay Nixon that he says would allow middle-class Missouri students to earn a four-year degree tuition-free. Students who complete a two-year associate degree at a Missouri community college or technical school under the...
- Missouri Loan Agency Slapped With Suit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p39
The article reports that Missouri Attorney General Jay Nixon has filed a lawsuit in the state courts alleging that the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority (MHELA) violated state open meetings rules. According to Nixon, the MHELA violated the open meetings rules when it has voted to sell a...
- Missouri Task Force to Look at Economic, Social Changes Post-Ferguson. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2014, Issue F345, p1
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon tasked a newly formed commission with advising him on social and economic policy changes in the aftermath of violent protests in Ferguson Missouri sparked by the police shooting of an unarmed civilian.
- BUSINESS Briefs. // Wentzville Journal;7/25/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 30, pA10
This section offers business news briefs concerning Saint Charles County, Missouri including the visit of Missouri governor Jay Nixon to the Greater Saint Charles County Chamber of Commerce and participation of First Bank employees in the 2012 annual Operation Food Search Saturday Jubilee event.