Clark County, Nev., School District to Refund $160 Million
- San Francisco Schools Heading to Voters for $450M in Nov. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p6
The article reports that the San Francisco Unified School District in California is urging voters to approve $450 million in bonding authority at the November 2006 election. The appeal is largely motivated by a federal district court ruling mandating compliance with the Americans with...
- For Us Orem? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p33
The article reports that an educational consultant has announced that if residents of the city of Orem, Utah, decide to create their own school district, they would still be legally required to repay bonds issued to finance projects in their current district. A law approved earlier in 2006 by...
- Chamber hears benefits of ISD bond. // Malakoff News (TX);9/25/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p8
The article reports that the Athens Chamber of Commerce in Texas has identified the six areas that will benefit from the 60 million U.S. dollars Athens independent school district bond should it pass the November 2016 ballot.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p24
Several charts are presented depicting the results of negotiated bond sales of cities and states in the U.S. including the California Educational Facilities Authority, Douglas County School District No. RE-1 in Colorado, and South Fork East Community Development District in Florida.
- Houston School District to Auction Off $300M of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p29
Reports on the Houston Independent School District in Texas' online sale of general obligation bonds. Total amount of borrowing plan approved by voters in 2002; Sale of bonds on Grant Street's MuniAuction electronic bidding Web site; Support of the bonds by the triple-A rated Texas Permanent...
- Austin Augmentation. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p31
Reports on a citizens' bond advisory committee's recommendation that the Austin Independent School District increase the size of a planned bond referendum in Texas. Value of the bond; Factors contributing to the projected demand for schools; Taxpayers' call for upgraded technology and science...
- California Voters Face $2.3 Billion: Dozens of GO Issues On luesdav Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32889, p1
The article reports that California voters will cast their votes on at least 36 local general obligation bond measures appearing on ballots in the June 2, 2008 U.S. primary elections. The biggest bond measure is a $378 million request from the Palo Alto Unified School District for the renovation...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p30
Several charts are presented that list the results of competitive bond sales in the U.S. as of August 2006. These include various deals by the Albert Lea Independent School District No. 241 in Minnesota, the Amityville Union Free School District in New York, and the Racine Unified School...
- Seeking School GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p31
Reports on the approval sought for the sale of multi-million dollar general obligation bonds by the Albuquerque Municipal School District No. 12 to build, furnish and improve schools in Albuquerque, New Mexico.