Clark County, Nev., School District to Refund $160 Million
- For Us Orem? Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p33
The article reports that an educational consultant has announced that if residents of the city of Orem, Utah, decide to create their own school district, they would still be legally required to repay bonds issued to finance projects in their current district. A law approved earlier in 2006 by...
- Chamber hears benefits of ISD bond. // Malakoff News (TX);9/25/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 39, p8
The article reports that the Athens Chamber of Commerce in Texas has identified the six areas that will benefit from the 60 million U.S. dollars Athens independent school district bond should it pass the November 2016 ballot.
- San Francisco Schools Heading to Voters for $450M in Nov. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/1/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32435, p6
The article reports that the San Francisco Unified School District in California is urging voters to approve $450 million in bonding authority at the November 2006 election. The appeal is largely motivated by a federal district court ruling mandating compliance with the Americans with...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p30
Several charts are presented that list the results of competitive bond sales in the U.S. as of August 2006. These include various deals by the Albert Lea Independent School District No. 241 in Minnesota, the Amityville Union Free School District in New York, and the Racine Unified School...
- Seeking School GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/22/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32264, p31
Reports on the approval sought for the sale of multi-million dollar general obligation bonds by the Albuquerque Municipal School District No. 12 to build, furnish and improve schools in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Vallejo USD: We're Not Declaring Bankruptcy. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/13/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32877, p4
The article reports on the stability of the bonds of the Unified School District (USD) in Vallejo, California. District spokesman Jason Hodge revealed that they will not declare bankruptcy for their issued bonds that will be used to build schools are safe and secure. They have about $153 million...
- Sacramento-Area USD's $750M Bond Election Loses By Two Votes Out of 101. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p43
The article reports on the result of the $750 million bond election of the Sacramento County, California which the Folsom Cordova Unified School District lost by two votes. The outcome revealed when the department asked the seven voters who live outside the school premises and asked them to sign...
- Texas' North East Independent School District Selling $149M. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/3/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32188, p3
Reports that Bexar County, Texas-based North East Independent School District will go to market in August 2005 with a competitive offering of general obligation bonds worth $149 million. Proceeds will finance construction of a high school, renovations to existing facilities, technology...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32751, p26
Several charts are presented depicting the results of competitive bonds sales of U.S. cities and cities including Contra Costa County in California, Cook County Consolidated High School District No. 230 in Illinois, and the Sumner Community School District in Iowa.