Non-Farm Productivity Revised to a 0.5% Drop
- Productivity, Labor Costs Rise 1.8%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32025, p2
The article focuses on productivity outside the farm sector and compensation which grew in the third quarter of 2004, according to figures released by the U.S. Labor Department. Revised third quarter figures show non-farm productivity increased 1.8%, compared to the previous quarter. The third...
- Productivity Up 3.5%; Labor Costs Rise 0.5%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31879, p2
Reports on the increase in non-farm productivity in the United States in the first quarter of 2004, according to the Department of Labor. Percentage of increase in non-farm productivity; Percentage of increase in non-farm unit labor costs; Implications of increasing labor costs on inflation.
- Productivity gains indicate economic rebound. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p14
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the U.S. Labor Department on the productivity of workers in the country. Increase in productivity during the fourth quarter of 2001; Decline in the unit labor costs; Increase in the employment cost index.
- Productivity Jumps 1.6%; Labor Costs Rises 1.0%. Moore, Dennis // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/6/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 17, p10
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Labor has estimated a 1.6% increase in non-farm productivity in the first quarter and 1.0% rise in the labor costs in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- A Viscous CYCLE. Baunee, Aaron // Cleaning & Maintenance Management;Jan2012, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p4
The author discusses a report by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) on the productivity increase in the July to September 2011 period. He comments that the trend is good for corporate profits but not necessary for U.S. job growth as employers expect more output and an even-higher productivity....
- 3Q Productivity Up 1.9%; Unit Labor Costs Off 0.1%. Temple-West, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/5/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 41, p10
The article focuses on a report from the U.S. Labor Department released on November 4, 2010, which says that the U.S. nonfarm productivity has increased by 1.9% in the third quarter, while business unit labor has decreased to 0.1% as productivity outpaced hourly compensation.
- INTERNATIONAL COMPARISONS OF LABOR COSTS AND PRODUCTIVITY. // Labor Law Journal;May73, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p281
The article presents an international comparison of labor costs and productivity. In 1972, the percentage increase in unit labor costs in manufacturing was less in the United States than in Canada, Japan or Western Europe. There was an increase in productivity in United States manufacturing by...
- Worker Productivity Up. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Aug2007, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p27
The article discusses the report of the U.S. Department of Labor concerning the increase of worker's productivity in the U.S. It indicates that the efficiency increase at 1.8 percent from April-June 2007, compared to the 0.7 percent increase in the first quarter. It also claims that labor cost...
- Productivity Up 8.1%; Labor Costs Down 2.5%. Temple-West, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/4/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 45, p12
The article reports on the performance of nonfarm productivity and labor costs in the U.S. in 2009. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the productivity has increased by 8.1% while the labor costs were down by 2.5%. Moreover, economists are expecting that productivity will be revised...