Fun, Fun, Fun
- Clay models get pink slips. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;2/27/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5593, p14i
Reports on automakers' efforts to develop real time, full-color laser holography for designing of automobiles. Ford Motor Co.'s virtual co-location program; Birmingham, Mich.-based American Propylaea Corp.'s pioneering work in the field. INSET: Technology still but a gleam in designers' eyes..
- Ford makes commitment to engineering future. // Machine Design;8/13/93, Vol. 65 Issue 16, p18
Features Ford Motor Co.'s Advanced Engineering Center (AEC) in Dearborn, Michigan. AEC's function of development work for new vehicles, preprogram engineering simulation and testing and analysis to reduce noise, vibration and harshness; Five categories of AEC's laboratories and test cells.
- Mondeo for Mercury. // AutoWeek;4/15/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 16, p3
Reports the presentation of the award-winning Mondeo midsize sedan of Ford in the U.S.
- FALCON BEWDY. Morley, David // Ralph;Dec2002, p74
Evaluates the XR6 Turbo automobile from Ford company. Key features; Pros and cons; Cost.
- Ford Europe seeks advice from women. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;8/29/1994, Vol. 69 Issue 5567, p3
Reports on Women's International Marketing Panel members' role in designing and engineering Ford Motor Co.'s automobiles. Tailoring of Ford's supermini car; Factors that women look for in a car that men overlook; Gender bias on panel members' visits to dealerships.
- Ford to dump its dials for touch-screen control panel. LaReau, Jamie // Automotive News;1/11/2010, Vol. 84 Issue 6394, p16D
The article reports that Ford Motor Co. plans to do way with dials and mechanical buttons on its touch-screen panels.
- Ford unveils lightweight car of the future. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;11/3/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5738, p46
Reports that Ford Motor Co. has unveiled a driveable prototype of its P2000 lightweight car. Expectation that the midsized sedan will get about 80 miles per gallon of gasoline; Demonstration of Ford's accomplishment of one of the three technical criteria of the Partnership for a New Generation...
- TRADING NEW TIN. // Motor;Jul2002, p11
Features the updated Falcon Ute and Wagon from Ford. Body changes; Restructuring of engines; Retention of solid beam axle.
- Ford's stop-start: Simpler than GM system. Kranz, Rick; LaReau, Jamie // Automotive News;6/6/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6467, p6
The article reports that stop-start technology, which turns off the engine if the vehicle is not moving, will be offered by Ford Motor Co. on some North American vehicles in 2012.