ANX: the Anti-Nerd eXplanation
- Auto industry considers starting own Internet. Bridgeforth Jr., Art // Crain's Detroit Business;9/16/96, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p11
Reports that the Automotive Industry Action Group is planning to establish its own Internet, separate from the public Internet. Features; Efforts to help improve communication among automakers and suppliers; Background information on the organization.
- It's not biological, but Big 3 declare war on millennium bug. // Plastics News;12/1/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on survey results that were compiled by the Automotive Industry Action Group, which evaluated auto parts suppliers' computer readiness for the year 2000. Indepth look at the computer crisis which is predicted to take place; Effects that the computer bug would have on the companies;...
- Boots and bonnets. // Industry Week/IW;01/05/98, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p13
Presents the Web site offered by United Kingdom's Motor Industry Research Assn. which provides information on the automotive industry in UK through a host of databases. Features of the site.
- DIY mechanic's website exceeds one million hits. // Aftermarket Business;Nov99, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p46
Highlights the success of the Weekend Mechanics Club, an automobile care Web site for consumers, operated by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association. Objective of the site; Information offered.
- AAIA Task Force to develop e-standards for repair shops. // Aftermarket Business;Apr2000, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p22
Deals with the plan of the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) to develop standards available online for repair technicians. Purpose of such initiative; Comment from Gene Gardner, AAIA president.
- Pronto, Parts Plus endorse e-commerce site as WD friendly. // Aftermarket Business;Nov2000, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p23
States that National Pronto organization and members of Parts Plus company will endorse CarParts PartsXchange, an electronic commerce service of CarParts.com company. Features and benefits of the site to warehouse distributors; Background of National Pronto and Parts Plus; Significance of the...
- PROMOTION OF APPRENTICESHIPS. // Irish Motor Management;2015 Conference Review Edition, p6
The article reviews the apprenticeship web site https://youtube/VsOjrdH7dxc, from the organization Society of the Irish Motor Industry (SIMI).
- The Sustainability Web. Blake, Janet Cappiello // Sustainability: The Journal of Record;Aug2010, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p246
The article reviews the Web sites of several sustainable organizations including the National Conference of State Legislatures web site located at www.ncsl.org, The Food & Water Watch web site located at www.foodandwaterwatch.org and the Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers web site located at...
- Auto industry opens its private Internet. Moran, Tim // Automotive News;9/14/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5784, p22D
Presents information on the announcement of an auto industry private Internet, called Automotive Network Exchange, at the Automotive Industry Action Group technical conference, held from September, 1-3, 1998. Names of the two trading partners which were named during the conference; Information...