SAE Works to Define `Lean'
- A need for worldwide product harmony. Gale, Thomas C. // Ward's Auto World;Mar96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p43
Presents excerpts from a speech given by the author on the standardization of the automobile industry at a Society of Automotive Engineers' breakfast. Varying standards in different countries; What the American Automobile Manufacturers Association would like to achieve.
- ANSI, National Consensus Standards & ASSE Participation as Secretariat. // Professional Safety;Oct2002, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p11
Discusses how the American National Standards Institute, American Society of Safety Engineers, and the National Consensus Standards interact to produce standards used by safety professionals in the United States. Responsibilities of a secretariat; Review and revision of standards; Facilitation...
- SAE Seeks Lean Standard. // Ward's Auto World;Jul99, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p30
Looks at a lean manufacturing approach offered by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Participants; Other plans of SAE.
- Without the big boys, the show goes on. Wilson, Amy; Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;2/26/2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5918, p26B
Focuses on the preparations for the 2001 Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress. Expected number of suppliers and manufacturers to participate; Major companies that will not participate in the event; Details of the congress.
- Late news. Wilson, Amy; Treece, James B.; Stoffer, Harry; Kohn, Joe; Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;6/3/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5985, p1
Reports developments on the automobile industry as of June 2002. Plan of the Society of Automotive Engineers to revamp the Sea World Congress; Total minivehicles sold in China; Installation of monitoring systems in automobiles.
- Engine-Rating Rip-Up. Visnic, Bill // Ward's Auto World;May2005, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p19
Details the improvement made by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) on the accuracy of test standard which automotive makers have used to rate the power and torque of light-vehicle engines in North America. Introduction of voluntary test procedure; Statement issued by David Lancaster,...
- CODES & STANDARDS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Apr2011, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p12
The article offers updates related to engineering codes and standards in the U.S. including the publication of the American Society of Heating Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers' (ASHRAE) Guideline 10-2011 and the pre-publication sale of American Society of Plumbing Engineers' (ASPE)...
- SAE standards on CD-ROM. // Products Finishing;Aug97, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p136
Reports on the availability of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) standards on compact disc-Read Only Memory (CD-ROM). What standards are used for.
- NARTE sets the standard for EMC engineers. Romanchik, Dan // Test & Measurement World;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the establishment of the standard for electromagnetic compatibility engineers by the National Association of Radio and Telecommunications Engineers (NARTE) in the U.S. Requirements for the NARTE certification; Tips in passing the NARTE test; Advice of NARTE-certified engineer Don...