- Oct. Canada sales rise 2.1%. Beene, Ryan // Automotive News;11/12/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6281, p44
The article reports that Canada's car and light-truck sales were up 2.1% in October from last year, to 120,963 vehicles. Car sales fell by 3.1% to 61,284 units, and truck sales rose 8.1% to 59,679 vehicles. General Motors Corp. made a strong showing for the month, boosting sales by 13.2 % to...
- Profit edges out sales in car race. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2007, p19
The article discusses whether Toyota Motor Corp. will overtake General Motors Corp. (GM) as the largest selling automotive producer in Great Britain. In January, the analysts had predicted that Toyota would become top-selling automotive producer in Great Britain. But after the end of third...
- Industry may struggle to reach the sweet 16 mark. Teahen Jr., John K. // Automotive News;9/10/2007, Vol. 82 Issue 6272, p43
The article presents information on the sales norm for automobiles in the U.S., according to which the annual sales of new cars and light trucks should be 16 million. It is mentioned that automakers have to struggle to meet the norm. It is stated that dealers must sell 4,963,881 new cars and...
- GM passes Toyota in certified used-vehicle sales. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;5/6/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5982, p8
Reports the sales performance of certified used vehicles of General Motors Corp. (GM) in the first quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Competition between GM and Toyota Motor Corp.; Enhancement of the roadside assistance program of Toyota; Factors contributing to the success in the car sales of GM.
- GM, Chrysler Vie for Muscle Mantle, Toyota Revs Scion Pitch to Gen Y. Greenberg, Karl // Brandweek;11/11/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p14
Focuses on the automobile industry in the U.S. as of November 11, 2002. Marketing plan of General Motors; Expectation of Toyota from the aftermarket sales of its Scion car; Incremental changes of the light truck portfolio of Hyundai.
- GM's baby -- and proud of it. // Automotive News;06/28/99, Vol. 73 Issue 5826, p2
Reports on developments in the automobile industry and trade as of June 28, 1999. Includes level of consumers' awareness that General Motors Corp. is the parent company of Saturn; Use of Blockbuster Video's `Baby Cha-cha' in the advertising campaign for Toyota Motor Corp.'s Camy subcompact;...
- Toyota fights to keep lead in certified used-car sales. Sawyers, Arlena // Automotive News;6/17/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5987, p28
Focuses on the revenue of the automobile manufacturer on used vehicles in the U.S. Success of the General Motors Corp.; Marketing strategy of Toyota Corp.; Use of humorous sports enthusiast theme.
- March sales spurt, then sputter. Snyder, Jesse; LaReau, Jamie; Jackson, Kathy; Thompson, Chrissie // Automotive News;4/5/2010, Vol. 84 Issue 6406, p3
The article presents information on the financial performance of the automobile industry. According to a report, sales of U.S. light-vehicle rose 24 percent recently for the month from a year earlier to 1,066,339 units. It is stated that Toyota Motor sales almost beat that of General Motors Co....
- Words to Remember. Ettlie, John E. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Apr2000, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p34
Deals with the three elements that should never be forgotten by the automobile industry in order for the industry to be productive. Actions taken by General Motors as the company continues to try to reinvent itself; Views on the marketing strategy of Toyota.