- Recycling an old idea. Sorge, Marjorie // Ward's Auto World;Sep94, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p67
Focuses on the efforts of automobile companies in the United States in developing technology to recover and recycle cars and parts. Description of programs and processes used by car manufacturers to recycle automobile shredded residue such as plastic, rubber, rust, dirt and fluids; Challenges...
- Missing link. Ramirez, Charles E. // Automotive News;3/14/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5542, Insight p8i
Discusses the problem of the absence of a plastics recycling infrastructure. Composition of a recycling infrastructure; Sorting as the biggest problem with plastics; Lack of technology for dismantlers to use to quickly collect various plastics; Government's demand for car manufacturers to take...
- Commingled Plastic Waste: NEW GOLD MINE FOR AUTOMOTIVE PROCESSORS. Schut, Jan H. // Plastics Technology;May2001, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Reports on the increased attention of reprocessors and automotive original equipment manufacturers to heavily mixed plastic scrap. Reprocessors' use of auto shredder residue and scrap contaminated with paint, coatings, metals and other plastics; Response of automotive molders to economic...
- Recycler invests millions in car market. Pryweller, Joseph // Waste News;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the opening of two automotive recycling plants by Alpharetta, Georgia-based plastics recycling developer Polymer Sciences Inc. Financial investment; Location sites; Background of business operations of the two plants; Removal of paint and contaminants from thermoplastic olefin bumper...
- D/C demands more recycling. Pryweller, Joseph // Automotive News;1/4/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5800, p20
Reports that DaimlerChrysler AG is demanding to its suppliers of plastic automobile parts to put a lot more recycled plastic in their products. Percentage of recycled content demanded for by DaimlerChrysler to its suppliers of automobile parts; Reason behind the automaker's decision to increase...
- APC seeks new recycling methods. Maten Jr., M. Allen // Ward's Auto World;Feb94, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the formation of the American Plastics Council (APC) by the American plastics industry. Automotive Committee for quality research and development; Technology for recycling of automotive parts; Policy statement and affiliation.
- You can make high-quality rubber goods with recyclate. Shaw, David // European Rubber Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 183 Issue 9, p43
Focuses on the use of rubber recyclate in automobile parts. Points to consider when thinking about recycling; Information on vehicle recycling partnership.
- Junkyards join recycling study. // Automotive News;3/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5543, p2
Reports on the cooperation between the Vehicle Recycling Partnership and the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries to find ways to recycle more scrapped cars. Functions of the partnership according to Chrysler Corp. recycling executive Susan Yester.
- Car parts with a long life. Brown, Linda J. // Good Housekeeping;Oct94, Vol. 219 Issue 4, p44
Enumerates car brands or models with recyclable parts. Includes BMW's `3 series'; Eagle Visions and Dodge Intrepids; Ford Taurus and Sable wagons.