Solutions Looking for Problems
- Standing at a crossroads: A buying group or a marketing group? APA faces the future. // Automotive Marketing;May93, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p14
Examines the marketing program by John Joseph presented in the APA Management Group meeting in March 1993. Competition by APA on an even level against the NAPAs and Carquests of the aftermarket; Marketing group rather than just a buying group; Pressures; More marketing assistance and services;...
- Pedagogical concerns in business education: The case of... Barman, Samir; Buckley, M. Ronald // SAM Advanced Management Journal (07497075);Winter97, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p28
Looks at the analytical part played by management science in management education. What makes up management science; Emphasis of a theory over practical application of management education; Recommendations on user participation and management education.
- A coach can help you win on the field of business. Pinkerton, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;10/13/97, Vol. 13 Issue 41, pE-12
Focuses on the challenges faced by some business owners when dealing with the handling of daily operational problems and managing the business to a profit, while describing the management tool of the 1990s called the coach. Description on the business climate in the 1990s; Reference to the...
- Successful managers have similar styles. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Nov95, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p24
Offers advice from Don Bagin, publisher of `Communication Briefings', on how to develop management skills.
- The new science of management: Chaos and quantum theory and method. Overman, E. Sam // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Jan96, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p75
Presents the management sciences of chaos and quantum theory which offer metaphors and methods that can challenge public management research agenda. Evoking an image of self-organization, dissipative structures and dynamic complexity; Nonlinear differential equations and other methods of chaos;...
- A new tool to measure performance. Spinner, Karen // Global Finance;Nov97, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p24
Forecasts the usability of activity-based costing (ABC) and economic value added (EVA) as a performance measurement of multinational companies. Features of ABC and EVA; Benefits derived from ABC and EVA; Competitors of ABC and EVA in the market.
- Software to help professionals manage your practice. Talsky, Gene R. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/5/96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p19
Reports on software designed to help business professionals manage their practice. Advantage of using such software; Names of some contact management systems include Symantec's ACT and Elan Software's Goldmine.
- Memos. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p45
Presents the benefits of using memos as a management method.
- Telephone tricks. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p45
Offers tips on how to get the best out of telephone use as a management method.
- Delegation. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Nov95, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p47
Presents most frequently given reasons why managers do not delegate and provides assessment questions to determine delegation ability.