Pumped up potions
- Tip of the month. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Advises residents in the Southern United States to take vitamin D supplements from the month of October through March.
- The forgotten nutrient for healthy bones. Fletcher, Anne M. // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p54
Reports on vitamin D in human nutrition. Role of vitamin D in the human body; Effect of deficiency of vitamin D in the elderly; Getting the right amount; Sunlight as source. INSET: D-lightful dishes..
- SI to C. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May95, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p38
Presents a tip on how to augment one's vitamin C intake. Alternative sources of vitamin C.
- Drinks. // Men's Fitness;Apr2004, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p23
Provides information on several research studies on the health aspects of foods and drinks as of April 2004. Health benefits from drinking beer; Diseases that may be prevented by vitamin D-fortified foods; Foods rich in magnesium.
- Multis: Two Is Not Twice as Nice. // Environmental Nutrition;May2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p7
Answers a question on taking 800 international units of vitamin D for bone health.
- Vitamin D May Combat Asthma. Finkel, Jon // Life Extension;May2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p9
The article presents results from a study published in the "American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine," which found a relationship between insufficient levels of vitamin D and low performance on breathing tests in patient suffering from asthma.
- Vitamin D Level Has No Effect on BP. // Renal & Urology News;Jan2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p13
The article presents the findings of a study of 4,863 postmenopausal women recruited into the Women's Health Initiative between 1993 and 1998 which showed that serum levels of hydroxyvitamin D are not related to changes in postmenopausal women's blood pressure (BP).
- Vitamin D rules. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 226, p6
The article provides information on the health benefits of Vitamin D in the body.
- the healthy habit you can start tonight. // Shape;Aug2010, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p156
This article reports that researchers have found that taking a vitamin D supplement with the biggest meal of the day boosts the level of the bone builder by more than 50 percent because it is fat-soluble and it is more likely that large meals will include more fats.