Trends in healthy eating
- Ruth's Roll Call. Reichl, Ruth // Gourmet;Mar2004, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p86
Presents an author's experience in deciding for restaurants to dine in at New York City. Changes seen on the establishments in the area; Comparisons made between past experiences and present conditions in the food industry; Views given on certain food preparations.
- dish. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/4/2007, Issue 993, p44
The article provides information about the author's food preferences. The author said that her favorite eatery is Megan's Cafe which is located at the corner of Navajo and Jackson in California. She also likes to eat Minestrone soup from Nicolosi's Italian Restaurant. The author also prefers to...
- Demand for light meals on the increase. // MarketWatch: Food;December2004, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p21
Discusses the findings of a research regarding the increasing demand for light meals in Great Britain. Factors contributing to the popularity of light meals among consumers; Forecasted increase in the demand for light meals in the region by 2008; Impact of the demand on the food industry and trade.
- Satify cravings--the right way. Dreisbach, Shaun // Glamour;Jul2008, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p72
The article discusses healthy foods to eat when craving sweet, cheesy or salty foods.
- Bacon no longer takes a backseat to bananas. Martin, Holly // High Plains Journal;5/12/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 19, p4B
The author reflects on the importance for individuals to eat a balance of fruits, vegetables, grains, and protein to stay healthy.
- My Green Revolution. Lee, Angelina // Teen Ink;Oct2015, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p27
The author reflects on the factors that motivate him to choose healthy living and healthier food choices.
- Response Set in Measurement of Food Preference. Schutz, Howard G.; Kemenetzky, Joe // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun58, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p175
The article discusses a study which attempted to determine the set or frame of reference survey respondents use in rating food names according to preference. Three hundred and five male enlisted personnel attending service schools at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center in Great Lakes, Illinois...
- Presentation of food key to healthy choices. // British Journal of School Nursing;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p268
The article discusses the study that determined use of behavioural nudge tactics including repositioning of promoted foods, use of disposable pots and trays to serve meals, and daily posters, to more than double likelihood of students choosing healthy food items like fruit, vegetable or salad.
- Make haste with caution. // Food Manufacture;Apr2005, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p37
The article discusses about the concern of people towards healthy food habit. Obesity has not been the main food issue hitting the news over the past few weeks. While much of the blame for obesity has been leveled at the food industry, companies need not fear that their very existence is...