- Carefully designed oral nutritional supplements can benefit all patients. Cover-Miller, Denise N. // Primary Care Optometry News;Oct2010, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on studies which examined the use of nutraceuticals, pharmaceutical-grade vitamin, mineral, essential fatty acid and antioxidant supplements, in preventing infection and chronic deficiencies and diseases, as well as in correcting nutritional imbalances found in modern Western...
- KRAFT FRUIT2O PLUS. // Restaurant Business;4/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p55
The article informs about flavored water introduced by Kraft Foods Inc. Kraft has introduced a line of flavored water fortified with 10 vitamins and minerals.
- Value-adding with Vitamins & Minerals. O'Donnell, Claudia D.; Dornblaser, Lynn // Prepared Foods;Apr2002, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p57
Discusses the incorporation of vitamins and minerals into commercial products in the U.S. to prevent basic nutritional deficiencies. Percentage of increase in the vitamin and mineral market; Forecast on the utilization of several specific fortifiers; Concern on the overuse of vitamins.
- At What Age to Supplement, and with Which Nutrients. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Apr2002, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p5
Recommends vitamins and minerals that should be taken depending on age, such as folic acid and vitamin D.
- 9. Thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, pantothenic acid, and biotin: 9.8 General considerations for B-complex vitamins. // Vitamin & Mineral Requirements in Human Nutrition;2004, p184
Chapter 9.8 of the book "Vitamin & Mineral Requirements in Human Nutrition" is presented. It offers information on general considerations for B-complex vitamins. It lists recommended nutrient intakes for biotin, by group. It also provides a listing of dietary sources of B-complex vitamins.
- MULTIVITAMINS. // Mayo Clinic Women's Health Source;Apr2007, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
The article provides information on multivitamins. Although the best way to get vitamins and minerals is to eat a balanced diet, multivitamins have been recommended for those having difficulty absorbing proper amounts of key nutrients from foods. A list of factors that should be considered when...
- Your no--pill VITAMIN GUIDE. // Dolly;Jan2014, Issue 517, p114
The article presents a guide to vitamins, what they do, and their food sources. Topics discussed include the benefits of vitamin B1 or thiamine, the antioxidant properties of vitamin C, and selenium's ability to boost the immune system. Also mentioned are omega-3 in salmon and green vegetables,...
- Vim and Vigor. Straus, Mary // Dog World;Sep2010, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses the importance of dietary supplements in meeting the nutritional needs of dogs. It states that the dog's diets should include essential fatty acids, such as omega-3 and omega-6, to help regulate the immune system. It also emphasizes the importance of probiotic supplements...
- Rise and shineï¿½it's breakfast time! Top, Mariet // Active Living: Newsletters;May2007, pN2
The article discusses the importance of having breakfast, and explains why many people skip it. People who eat breakfast are better nourished, they are more likely to meet their daily needs for essential vitamins and minerals, and their ability to concentrate is enhanced. Eating breakfast is...