- VENUS WAFERS. // Gourmet Retailer;Apr2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p122
The article reports that Venus Wafers Inc. has added a healthy, certified-organic "8 Grain" line to their roster of delicious and nutritious products for health-conscious cracker connoisseurs. Offering a blend of traditional and exotic grains, Venus 8 Grain Crackers are low fat, contain zero...
- Trans fat issue now on governments' plates. Gentile, Annie // American City & County;Jan2006, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p12
This article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will require manufacturers to include trans fat content on packaged food labels beginning January 1, 2006. This move was in response to petitions by nutritionists concerning the health risks of trans fat. Several companies have...
- Fat City. Kummer, Corby // Atlantic;Mar2007, Vol. 299 Issue 2, p121
This article discusses the food-service industry's decision to ban trans fat from their products. Artificial fats are plentiful in commercial foods because they are easy to use, cheaper than natural fats, and keep for long periods of time. Trans fats are made by pumping hydrogen gas into liquid...
- Does eating fat make you fat? Woodard, Stephanie // Prevention;May2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p19
An answer to a question on whether eating fat makes a person fat is presented.
- Q&A. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Summer2015, p30
The article provides an answer to a question the minimum amount of fat that an individual should eat daily.
- 8 Big Fat Lies. Upton, Julie // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov2005, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p116
Presents information on dietary fats. Comparison between saturated and trans fatty acids; Functions of dietary fat in the human body; Benefits of protein and carbohydrates to weight loss.
- The skinny on fats. Magee, Elaine // Parenting;Nov2004, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p323
Reveals facts concerning different types of fats and their health implications. Impact of taking in saturated fats on the risk of heart disease; Food sources of trans fat; Monounsaturated fat contained in olive oil.
- More About Margarine. Andrews, Jim // Diabetes Forecast;Nov2009, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p13
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Butter or Margarine?" published in the July 2009 issue.
- What's Up With Your Cholesterol? Kraus, Peggy // American Fitness;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p32
The article reports on the truth about trans fats and its effect on one's health. Unhealthy man-made trans fats lurk in many boxes and packages in one's cupboard. It might surprise one that despite the fact that replacing trans fats could prevent an estimated 30,000 to 100,000 deaths from...
- Oily fish consumption improves grip strength in older people. // Nursing Standard;3/26/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p14
The article features the research conducted on the implication of oil fish consumption to the muscular function of older people in Southampton, England. Research shows that fatty fish consumption is vital in the muscle function in older people because it strengthen their grip. Researchers found...