Changing Your Oil
- FOOD FACT. Crain, Esther // Cosmopolitan;Dec2005, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p224
The article presents information on reducing the fat content in food. A "Reduced fat" means that there is at least 25% less fat than the original version.
- Does eating fat make you fat? Woodard, Stephanie // Prevention;May2010, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p19
An answer to a question on whether eating fat makes a person fat is presented.
- Q&A. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Summer2015, p30
The article provides an answer to a question the minimum amount of fat that an individual should eat daily.
- Take the mystery out of cooking with less fat. // Restaurant Business;Jul2007, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p59
The article focuses on cooking with less fat. It is noted that some fats are more desirable than others when developing nutrient-conscious menus. Fat contributes to the flavor and texture of foods, and also performs various culinary functions. In creating low-fat recipes or reducing fat in...
- The 3 Rules of Lean Eating. // Men's Health;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p139
The article presents tips on following a lean-eating diet. Research shows that diets containing upward of 50 percent fat are just as effective for weight loss as those that are low in fat. Fat is filling and it adds flavor to meals, so it helps one avoid feeling deprived, says nutritionist Alan...
- Don't Eat Like a Celebrity Chef. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2009, Vol. 249 Issue 3, p54
The article reports that when British nutrition experts analyzed 16 top-chef recipes, they found that some dishes delivered more than a day's worth of heart-clogging saturated fat in one serving. The Panel also found that simple swaps, replacing butter with a low-fat spread, for example, can...
- oil BOOM. Christensen, Chris // Vegetarian Times;Oct2005, Issue 335, p62
This article presents information on the use of nut oils in cooking. Walnut oil is a favorite in France where it adds flavor to salads. Italians turn to hazelnut oil to intensify flavors of biscotti and risotto. Nut oils are roasted and generally not refined like vegetable oils. It is emphasized...
- Hot Oils. Cheney, Susan Jane // Vegetarian Times;Jul99, Issue 263, p78
Provides information in choosing the right cooking oil in preparing dishes. Flavors and extraction types of cooking oil; Composition of oils; How to find quality oils.
- Whole foods kitchen. Errey, Sally // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jun2005, Issue 272, p70
The article suggests reduction of the consumption of harmful saturated fats in meat, sour cream, and eggs as well as trans fats in margarine, for a better health. Instead incorporate more monounsaturated oils (olive and avocado) and essential fats (flax, walnuts, and beans). Some of the recipes...
- Oily fish consumption improves grip strength in older people. // Nursing Standard;3/26/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p14
The article features the research conducted on the implication of oil fish consumption to the muscular function of older people in Southampton, England. Research shows that fatty fish consumption is vital in the muscle function in older people because it strengthen their grip. Researchers found...