Celebrating Cinco in Texas
- Mexicans celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a feast that includes seafood. Mendelsohn, Lotte // Christian Science Monitor;5/2/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 110, p20
Discusses Cinco de Mayo and the use of seafood in Mexican cuisine and presents two recipes for Mexican food that include seafood.
- Celebrating Cinco. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p34
Discusses the celebration of the annual Cinco de Mayo food festival in the U.S. Views of Valen Gancayco, operations manager at the El Camino Hospital in Mountain View, California, on several Mexican dishes the company prepares to celebrate; Background on Cinco de Mayo; Participation of...
- A View of Acculturation. Rifkin, Janey M. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p6
Clarifies some of the traditional Mexican manners and tradition which have been loosely interpreted by North Americans. Misnomers about traditional Mexican dishes and food; Confusion over the Cinco de Mayo holiday; Phrases and expressions that are subject of improper interpretation and use.
- Cinco de Mayo party. di Vecchio, Jerry Anne // Sunset;May2007, Vol. 218 Issue 5, p145
The article features Dona Tomas restaurant's menu for the annual Cinco de Mayo celebration in Oakland, California. Chef-owner Thomas Schnetz and co-owner Dona Davitsky offers regional Mexican dishes such as quesadillas stuffed with morels, goat cheese and asparagus. The restaurant has published...
- May Solutions. // Working Mother;May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p12
The article offers tips on flowers and foods. A suggested gift for mothers is an arrangement of flowers which are grown using top environmental standards that are supported by organizations such as Global Fund for Women. For an instant fiesta, a Taco Night is introduced with the mix of piÃ±ata...
- Out & About. // Outlook Ohio Magazine;May2014, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p50
A calendar of events related to food industry in Ohio for the May 2014 is presented including the Burgers for Boobies cooking and auction event on May 3, the Cinco de Mayo featuring the performance of Nine West on May 5, and The 2014 Senior Fashion Show on May 9.
- Let the celebration begin! // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1994, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p60
Discusses the Mexican holiday Cinco de Mayo (the fifth of May). What the holiday represents; Historical significance; What the holiday means to Mexican-Americans; Cinco de Mayo celebrations in the United States; Importance of the holiday for cultural pride.
- El Cinco de Mayo. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1996, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the rationale behind the holding of celebrations in Mexico marking the El Cinco de Mayo. Victory of Mexican forces against the French army in 1862; Capture of the city of Veracruz; Repulsion by General Ignacio Zaragosa of French forces planning to invade the city of Puebla.
- Buzzwords. // Hispanic;Nov1997, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p12
Highlights the apology published by North Zulch High School's student paper `Dog's Eye View' for an editorial written by Stacy Caldwell about the Mexican American festival of Cinco de Mayos. Retraction of reference to Mexicans as sources of cheap labor and drug suppliers.