- celebrate the season. Kupper, Cynthia // Better Nutrition;Dec2007, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p54
The article presents several recipes for gluten free products, including Quinoa Fiesta Salad, and gluten-free cake. INSET: LET THEM EAT CAKE.
- Gluten-Free Cuisine. Allen, Kimberly Jordan // E: The Environmental Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p42
Presents information on the effect of gluten found in wheat and grains on human health. Impact of gluten on a person suffering from celiac disease; Way of finding if a person has allergy and intolerance to gluten; Resources that offer gluten free recipes and food products.
- IMPROVEMENT OF WHEAT QUALITY. // Italian Journal of Food Science;2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p262
Provides information on the Eurowheat project which focused on understanding the structures and functional properties of wheat proteins. Aim of the project; Description of wheats grown in Europe; Description of a network formed by gluten proteins in dough during kneading and beating;...
- Eat Well, Pay Less. // Living Without;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including low cost gluten-free food products, summer recipes, and the possible effects of digestive issues on the immune system.
- HEY, WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA? PRENTICE, GEORGE // Boise Weekly;6/12/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p9
The article offers information related to the company Be Free Village, Boise, Idaho. It informs that the company gluten-free meal box and supply their product at stores. It also discusses the future perspective of the company. It mentions that the company is looking for the expansion of their...
- If gluten is forbidden. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jun2009, Issue 320, p90
The article offers tips for people who are gluten intolerant on how to create alternatives to enjoy the delights of chicken, burger, and beer. Chicken pieces should be soaked in a mixture of buttermilk and eggs and coat them with potato starch before baking them in the oven. One is advised to...
- Make the switch. McDOUGALL, ANGELA // Choice;Jun2013, p13
The article reports that the FoodSwitch mobile application developed by The Google Institute for Global Health has added the GlutenSwitch feature which tells consumers whether products contain gluten or not.
- LETTERS. Doyle, Andrew // Nation's Restaurant News;10/3/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p35
Presents a letter to the editor concerning the implementation of a glutten-free menu in the foodservice industry in the U.S.
- Effect of Extraction Methods and Wheat Cultivars on Gluten Functionality. Dua, Snehil; Lukow, Odean M.; Humphreys, Gavin; Adams, Kathy // Open Food Science Journal;2009, Vol. 3, p84
The functionality of gluten extracted from Canada Western Red Spring (CWRS) and Canada Western Extra Strong (CWES) wheat flours was evaluated and compared. The extra-strong wheat cultivars had stronger dough properties and produced smaller bread loaves than AC Barrie. Modifications of a starch...