CIA, Harvard link on flavor
- Gioia Siciliana. Hazelton, Nika // National Review;11/12/1976, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p1239
The article describes the food, from the main dishes to simple delicacies, that were served at a convention the author attended in Sicily, Italy in 1976. The idea of the conference was to bring Sicilian cooking to the notice of the press. The variety in the food is amazing, which is influenced...
- Health concerns in foodservice. Katz, Francis R. // Chef Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p15
The article focuses on the role of chefs in providing dietary precautions and other health concerns in every food service. For diabetic customers and diners with allergic reactions from food, chefs must give information regarding the food ingredients like carbohydrate sweeteners and food...
- Corporate chefs rub elbows, talk trends at Culinary R&D confab. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/8/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p45
Reports on the third annual Culinary Research and Development conference at the Century Plaza Hotel and Spa in Los Angeles, California. Theme of the conference; Chefs who attended the event; Issues concerning cookery and the foods service sector discussed during the event.
- Healthy Eating Theme for School's Nutrition Fair. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses highlights of a nutrition fair held in Gwinnett County, Georgia. The fair was held to increase parent awareness about the school district's foodservice program. The fair not only provided families with information about the district's nutrition department but also offered...
- Walking a Healthy Walk? King, Paul // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
The author offers insights on health issues in food service which were discussed during the American Society for Healthcare Food Service Administrators conference in Sarasota, Florida and the Culinary Conference held at the University of Massachusetts. He was struck by the disconnect between the...
- fm agenda. // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p9
A calendar of events related to the food service industry in the U.S. in 2009 is presented which includes the Child Nutrition Industry Conference in Louisiana, a foodservice directors symposium and the North American Association of Food Equipment Managers (NAFEM) Show in Florida.
- Kiosk. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2004, Vol. 88 Issue 7, p36
This article presents information on various events such as seminars and conferences in the restaurant and food service industry as of July 2004, including the World Pastry Forum 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada where chefs can polish their skills.
- seen. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p22
The article focuses on the 2007 HFM National Training Conference in Tucson, Arizona. More than 600 on-staff healthcare foodservice operators danced the night away during the 70s-themed party at the conference. Among the other highlights were the third annual Culinary Competition, chaired by Todd...
- Culinary R&D Conference brings chefs, innovators together. Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;10/17/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p56
Highlights the 4th annual Culinary R&D Conference held at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida. Attendees of the conference; Presentation of a summary of important issues affecting the R&D landscape by Nancy Kruse, president of Kruse Co. in her "State of the...