IFMA names 2006 Silver Plate winners
- IFMA Names Silver Plate Award Winners. // FoodService Director;3/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p5
Presents information on several food service management professionals who will receive the Silver Plates Awards to be given by the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association at the Gold and Silver Plate Celebration to be held at the Sheraton Hotel in Chicago, Illinois on May 23, 2005. ...
- Minier Takes the Leadership Helm at SFM: Formation of an educational foundation, strategic partnerships with other groups top 2007 agenda. // Food Management;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the appointment of Sally Minier as the new president of the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) in the U.S. It is stated that Minier pledged to continue the programs started under the administration of outgoing SFM president Russ Benson. She emphasized the need to...
- SFM, FCSI honor Air Force operations. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p26
The article reports that the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) and the Foodservice Consultants Society International gathered for the presentation of the Hennessy Traveler Awards, which honor the world's best Air Force food-service operations. SFM president Russ Benson participated in the...
- SFM's Women's Council eyes new role for female members. Boss, Dona L. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/20/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p26
The article reports that professional food-service women may be under-represented in leadership positions in the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM), their corporations and the industry at large, but if participation in the SFM's new Women's Council continues to grow, the gender imbalance...
- AHF: "We Have a Lot to Gain". Lawn, John // Food Management;May2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p18
An interview with Bruce Thomas, president at Healthcare Foodservice Management (HFM) and Deanne Carlisle president of the American Society of Healthcare Food Service Administrators (ASHFSA), is presented. Bruce and Carlisle reveal their motives beyond the merger of the organizations. Bruce...
- U.N. Millennium Summit proved to be a smooth operation. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/25/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p32
Reports the food service operation of Restaurant Associates at United Nation Millennium Summit in New York. Measures on security; Delivery of goods and nonperishables; Considerations on religious and dietary restrictions.
- BIDS ON COST-PLUS-FIXED-FEE: School purchasing co-op overhauls buying plan. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the South Kitsap Food Purchasing Co-op has been revamping its purchases. Scope of the revamp; Comments from Jo Kingsley, administrator of the cooperative; Measure taken by the company to better focus its revamp efforts.
- Extended ASHFSA Family Joins for One Final Conference. // Food Management;Jul2009, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p14
Information about several citations discussed at the American Society for Healthcare Foodservice Administrators (ASHFSA) conference held in Clearwater, Florida in June 2009 on the celebration of more than 40 years of service by the ASHFSA is presented. Citations include ASHFSA's vice president...
- Work Is a Symphony. Lawn, J. // Food Management;Oct2003, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p12
Highlights the 25th Annual Training Conference sponsored by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management in Arizona. Programs and activities; Theme of the event; Attendees. INSET: Quote of the Month.