- Don't get left behind. Roberts, Jack // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2012, Vol. 169 Issue 7, p30
The article reports on the apprehension of validation test truck drivers over fleet owners' understanding of the finer points of commercial vehicle safety in 2012. It states that fleet owners do not drive anymore and may either approve new technology options for improved truck performance or may...
- Loud and clear. Skyldel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Feb2009, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the use of automatic transmissions in medium-duty trucks. According to the author, the increase in use is due to increases in non-traditional drivers as well as a desire to enhance safety and ease of operation. Furthermore, tests held at the Transportation Research Center...
- Passive Safety Approached Aggressively. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Dec99, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p35
Points out that vehicle equipment in fleets is one of the most important factors that can help drivers keep themselves, the truck and its cargo safe. Examples of passive protection devices; Basic items with improved designs; Issues that may be keeping drivers from wearing their seat belts. ...
- Regulatory Scorecard. // Fleet Owner;Mar1999, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p24
Provides update on standing of pending rules and regulations affecting the trucking companies operations in the United States. Rules on alcohol testing; Rules on drivers performance and background; Ergonomics.
- WHAT IS YOUR BEST DEFENSE AGAINST ERRATIC DRIVING MOTORISTS? // Overdrive;Apr2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p5
The article presents answers from truck owners-operators and truck drivers on what they do to defend against motorists who are driving erratically.
- Where's the tipping point? // Truck & Driver;Oct2011, p74
The article provides insights on how truck drivers can prevent a load or vehicle malfunction. It tells truck drivers that the biggest risks to vehicle malfunction are tipping on uneven ground and lacking of driving experience of at the least six months. It advises them to use the clutch when it...
- WABCO shows anti-lock braking system benefits at conference in China. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2006, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p22
The article provides information on the anti-lock braking systems (ABS) technology of WABCO presented during the 2006 Commercial Vehicle Safety and Technology Conference in Beijing, China. The seminar featured technical demonstrations organized by the China Automotive Technology & Research...
- TurnSafe mirror puts safety first. // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p14
Presents information on the TurnSafe intelligent mirror for trucks to be launched at the 2005 Commercial Vehicle Show in Great Britain. Features of the mirror; Price range; Advantages of the mirror to drivers.
- Keeping on top of drivers. York, Jim // Fleet Owner;Mar2000, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the significance of risk assessment report in describing an evaluation of a fleet's safety program in the United States. Safety management systems that should be included in a risk assessment report; Information on fleet's driver selection process; Importance of monitoring driver...