Simply Sensational Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Sunlit tomatoes have less lycopene. Cockhull, Ken // Horticulture Week;6/3/2011, p26
The article presents a research that investigates the lycopene content of sunlit tomatoes in Great Britain.
- Tomatoes: are cooked better than raw? Potera, Carol // Shape;Aug2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p130
Reports on the benefits of cooking tomatoes. Increase of the lycopene levels of the fruit; Effects of cooking tomatoes on the antioxidant activity; Time duration for cooking plump red tomatoes.
- Recipe for Maximum Nutrition. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec2008, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p4
The article offers information on the implication of food preparation to the nutritional content of food in the U.S. Study shows that how one cooks food can make a big difference in the nutritional dividends of ones diet. Researchers found that eating food straight from nature consumed an...
- Tomato, Tomahto. Towle, Mimi // Self;Jul2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on several varieties of tomatoes. Nutritional content of orange tomatoes; Recipe for green tomatoes; Lycopene content of yellow tomatoes.
- tomato tip. // IDEA Fitness Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p71
The article offers a piece of advice on tomatoes. It suggests eating tomatoes cooked rather than raw to glean more health benefits. It says that the molecular structure of the antioxidant lycopene is altered in the heating process, making it two to three times more absorbable in the body.
- SECRET WEAPON: CARAMELIZED TOMATO PASTE. CHUN, KAY // Bon Appetit;Oct2012, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p134
The article describes techniques for enhancing the flavor of caramelized tomato paste.
- Nuke this, add that. Gazan, Ali // Women's Health;Nov2008, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p96
The article explores ways to increase the health benefits and flavors of packaged meals. Basil is high in flavonoids that help protect cells and chromosomes from free-radical damage. Garlic, according to a report from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, is rich in antioxidants that...
- AMERICA'S FAVORITE TOMATOES. Pleasant, Barbara // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2008, Issue 226, p62
This article presents information on the top 20 tomato varieties in the U.S. The favorites for both flavor and productivity are Swedish-bred 'Glacier,' 'Stupice' and 'New Girl.' The recommended paste varieties are 'Orange Banana,' 'Roma' and 'Opalka.' The varieties that are recommended for...
- The $2.85 hamburger cart. Diana // Filipino Post;9/27/2014, p5
No abstract available.