Milk, bread andï¿½ pansies?
- Garden, VASE & PLATE. Melchior, Caleb // Horticulture;May/Jun2014, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p46
The article offers helpful tips for combining edible flowers in garden and vase arrangements as well as in recipes. Topics covered include three attributes of edible flowers in the kitchen including fragrance, appearance and taste, gathering flowers in the early morning and considering...
- Please Do Eat the Daisies. // House Beautiful;Jul2003, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p120
Presents the edible flower recipe Tossed Flower Salad.
- ASK THE EXPERTS. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Sep2014, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p29
The article provides an answer to a question on several edible spring flowers.
- Ways with violets. Wing, Lucy // Country Living;May93, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p146
Presents the idea that violets have become part of American cuisine. Edible blooms and leaves for added color, texture, and flavor to a variety of dishes; Culinary uses; Bread spreads; Sweet floral taste for puddings and pies; Blossoms made into syrup and jam and added to ice cream; Recipes;...
- Please Pass the Pansies. Hall, Susan C. // Fun For Kidz;May/Jun2003, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p20
Provides information on edible flowers. Examples of edible flowers; List of poisonous flowers; Sandwich recipe using nasturtiums.
- Posies on Your Plate. Palanjian, Amy // Organic Style;May2005, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p37
Suggests several edible flowers. Nasturtiums; Pansies; Chive blossoms.
- Haute Cuisine With Edible Flowers. Fernando, Wilma // Massage & Bodywork;Apr/May2007 Body Sense, p12
The article provides information on the culinary use of edible flowers. According to the author, the use of flower as a food supplement started in 140 BCE and many of them has high content of vitamins C and A and other nutrients. She adds that flower can be added in baking, sauces, jelly, syrup...
- HOW TO HAVE THE TASTIEST YARD IN TOWN. Jabs, Carolyn // Saturday Evening Post;Apr1983, Vol. 255 Issue 3, p54
Offers several tips on edible landscaping. Reasons why many families cultivate vegetable gardens; Easiest way to get involved in edible landscaping; Examples of flowers that can also be eaten; Factors that need to be considered for an edible landscape to work.
- Flower Fare. Foley, Ceara // New Life Journal: Carolina Edition;Apr2006, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on various usage of flowers. They help in energetically cleansing human body. Flowers also aid in purifying the spirit as they have an affinity for the heart and the mind. They may be used as an integral part of a dish or as a food garnish. Many flowers are edible, meaning...