How does your (herb) garden grow?
- Put a good spin on it. Schneider, Sara // Sunset;Jul2002, Vol. 208 Issue 7, p160
Presents cooking suggestions for herbs. Need to rinse the thyme sprigs before adding seasoning; Importance of washing basil leaves before adding olive oil and nuts in pesto; Suggestion to use the salad seasoning Oxo.
- Garden Fresh. Bingham, Ellen // Yankee;Apr2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p58
Presents facts related to garden herbs. Chives; Thyme; Rosemary.
- potted kitchen. Stewart, Angus // Australian Table;Nov2003, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p149
Information on several types of herbal plants that can be grown at home. Chives; Thyme; Parsley; Basil; Rosemary; Coriander.
- A well-seasoned supper. Gee, Denise; Johnson, Vanessa Taylor // Southern Living;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p64
Presents recipes that make use of herbs. Recipe for Dilled Summer Soup which uses fresh dill sprigs; Recipe for Shrimp-and-Orzo Salad which uses basil and oregano; Recipe for Herbed Cheesecakes which uses mince fresh thyme and other herbs.
- Cooking with herbs 101. // Redbook;Jun2013, Vol. 220 Issue 6, p28
The article provides an answer to a question on how on how to make use of several leftover herbs, including basil, thyme and cilantro, as ingredients for cooking.
- cooking with HERBS. TURNER, LISA // Better Nutrition;Sep2014, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p46
The article presents miscellaneous topics including tips for the beginners and seasoned chefs to buy, store and use herbs, listing for nine essential herbs used in cooking and several recipes. Topics discussed include identifying green leaves with no yellowing at the tips while buying herbs,...
- Five Easy Herbs. BLACHMAN, VICKI // Texas Gardener;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p20
The article offers the author's insight on five easy herbs or plants, the plants that did not consume too much time of gardeners and require little maintenance such as light pruning, and top dressing with compost and mulch. She provides information on different plants including basil, mint and...
- in season. Kitchen, Leanne; Young, Sophia // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Jun2003, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p63
Provides information on thyme, rosemary, and bay leaves. Distinctive effects; Availability in the market; Way in which the herbs are cooked.
- HEALTH-BOOSTING HERBS. // Australian Table;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p16
The article offers information on the uses of key Mediterranean herbs in cooking and their health benefits. Basil provides antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. Flat-leaf parsley provides vitamin C and folate, has anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural breath freshener....