- SEW MANY tips. // Fons & Porters For the Love of Quilting;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 18 Issue 106, p8
The article offers tips related to machine quilting, machine appliqueing and sewing machine cleaning.
- Quiltmaking Fundamentals. // McCall's Quick Quilts;Jun/Jul2015, Special section p6
The article offers step-by-step instructions for quilt making fundamentals including fabric preparation, machine appliquÃ© and machine quilting.
- Free Yourself from Perfection. Ponischil, Karen // Quilting Arts Magazine;Feb/Mar2015, Issue 73, p78
The article offers step-by-step instructions for machine quilting curvy and angular motifs.
- Machine Quilting Feathers. Bonner, Natalia // Quiltmaker;Sep/Oct2014, Issue 159, p56
The article presents questions and answers related to machine quilting.
- Machine Quilting: You CAN Do It! // Quiltmaker;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 155, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Natalia Bonner on building machine quilting skills, another by Peg Spradlin on how to turn pre-cuts into fun, easy blocks, and another one on Andover Fabric's...
- quilting THE QUILT: Feather Quilting Basics. Cavanaugh, Dawn // Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 17 Issue 101, p80
The article discusses the different ways in stitching feather designs in a quilt by machine. It explains the principles in stitching different parts of the feather including the plumes, vein or stem, and root in order to achieve pleasing results and to avoid common pitfalls with feathers. It...
- Tour Decades of Quilting. EIKMEIER, BARBARA J.; THOMAS, DONNA LYNN // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Aug/Sep2014, Issue 441, p30
The authors discuss their experiences as a quilt maker and quilting teacher and offer information about the "Four Decades of Quilting" program. Topics covered include the authors' differences including the one's passion for precision piecing and the other's use of applique, the benefits of the...
- Dogwood Blossoms. Schaefer, Sylvia // McCall's Quick Quilts;Apr/May2015, p16
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making the quilt design called Dogwood Blossoms.
- Edge-to-Edge Free Motion Quilting. Bonner, Natalia // Quiltmaker;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 155, p28
The article offers lesson and tips in machine quilting. The basic lessons on the use of sewing machine, batting and creating a quilt sandwich are presented. It also describes how to start machine quilting. Step-by-step instructions on quilt several designs, such as wavy lines, mazes, and daisy...