FLORENTINE RECEIVER /FLASK/VESSEL for Collecting Essential Oils
- Hydrosols Aqueous Distillate of Essential Oils. Catty, Suzanne // Positive Health;Jun2002, Issue 77, p18
Focuses on the use of hydrosols in distillating essential oils. Link between aromatherapy and essential oils; Production of essential oils by hydro and steam distillation; Issues in the efficacy of hydrosols.
- Chemical Composition of the Essential Oil of Pistacia lentiscus L. from Eastern Morocco. Amhamdi, Hassan; Aouinti, Fatima; Wathelet, Jean Paul; Elbachiri, Ali // Records of Natural Products;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p90
The essential oil from leaves of Pistacia lentiscus L., an aromatic member of the Anarcadiaceae family from Eastern Morocco, obtained by hydrodistillation, was analysed by GC-FID and GC-MS. The constituents were identified by their mass spectra and Kovats'indices. About 104 constituents were...
- Essential Oils from Eugenia Species--Part VII: Sections Phyllocalyx and Stenocalyx. Apel, Miriam A.; Sobral, Marcos; Schapoval, Elfrides E. S.; Henriques, Amelia T.; Menut, Chantal; Bessiere, Jean-Marie // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p135
The chemical composition of the leaf oils obtained by hydrodistillation of eight Eugenia species, collected in southern Brazil, was analyzed by GC and GC/MS. Eugenia speciosa oil is characterized by large amounts of monoterpene hydrocarbons with Î²-pinene (47.3%) and limonene (23.0%) as major...
- Chemical Constituents of the Root Essential Oils of Zingiber rubens Roxb., and Zingiber zerumbet (L.) Smith. Dai, Do N.; Thang, Tran D.; Chau, Le T. M.; Ogunwande, Isiaka A. // American Journal of Plant Sciences;Jan2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p7
Zingiber rubens Roxb., and Zingiber zerumbet (L.) Smith were collected respectively from Nghe An, Province and Ha Tinh, Province, Vietnam. The root essential oils were obtained by water distillation and analyzed by Gas chromatography (GC) and Gas chromatography coupled with Mass spectrometry...
- Composition of the Floral Essential Oil of Brugmansia suaveolens. Anthony, Samuel J.; Zuchowski, Willow; Setzer, William N. // Records of Natural Products;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p76
The floral essential oils of Brugmansia suaveolens, from Monteverde, Costa Rica, were collected at three different times of the day by hydrodistillation and the oils analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The floral essential oil showed a dramatic change in composition between...
- Experimental study on the effect of internal and external reflectors on the performance of basin type solar stills at various seasons. Khalifa, Abdul Jabbar N.; Ibrahim, Hussein A. // Desalination & Water Treatment;Mar2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1-3, p313
This paper presents an experimental investigation on the effect of internal and external reflectors on the output of simple-basin solar stills in summer, autumn and winter. A simple still that equipped with internal reflectors and an external reflector is investigated at a latitude angle of...
- Distillation process uses less power. // Pollution Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
Features a vapor compression distillation process which changes industrial wastewater into clean drinking water in the absence of filtration system. Description of the unit's boiler/condenser heat exchanger.
- A simple alternative. Lidstone, Digby // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/27/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 35, p33
Presents information on watercone, a basic distillation unit developed by German designer Stephan Augustin. Trial conducted for the watercone in Yemen; Problems being encountered by Germany-based Discobed in manufacturing watercones.
- Optimal design of a system of distillation columns. Ostrovskii, G.; Ziyatdinov, N.; Lapteva, T.; Bogula, N. // Doklady Chemistry;Apr2010, Vol. 431 Issue 2, p116
The article presents information on making systems for distillation columns. It states that making a system for them requires metal and energy. It reports that the investment costs depends on how much metal is used and the separation stages. It discusses the problem in designing distillation...