FLORENTINE RECEIVER /FLASK/VESSEL for Collecting Essential Oils
- Hydrosols Aqueous Distillate of Essential Oils. Catty, Suzanne // Positive Health;Jun2002, Issue 77, p18
Focuses on the use of hydrosols in distillating essential oils. Link between aromatherapy and essential oils; Production of essential oils by hydro and steam distillation; Issues in the efficacy of hydrosols.
- Distillation process uses less power. // Pollution Engineering;Jan1998, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p13
Features a vapor compression distillation process which changes industrial wastewater into clean drinking water in the absence of filtration system. Description of the unit's boiler/condenser heat exchanger.
- Comparison of Microwave-Assisted Hydrodistillation and Hydrodistillation Methods for the Fruit Essential Oils of Foeniculum vulgare. Koşar, Müberra; Özek, Temel; Kürkçüoglu, Mine; Başser, K. Hüsnü Can // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Sep2007, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p426
Microwave-assisted hydrodistillation (MWHD) and hydrodistillation (HD) were carried out for the analysis of volatile components in whole and ground fruits of Foeniculum vulgare Miller (fennel). Fruits were distilled using a microwave oven modified to fit a Clevenger-type apparatus. The effect of...
- Chemical Composition of Rosa Hybrida Essential Oil as a Function of Location and Storage in Saudi Arabia. Bazaid, Saleh A. // American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p24
Fifty one different compounds were identified in the fresh hydrodistilled extract. An interesting observation is the large amount of citronellol. On the other hand, the poor storage conditions resulted in the detection of 48 coumpounds only in addition to qualitative and quantitative differences...
- Distillation Makes Water Purification Easy. Karet, Gail // R&D Magazine;Dec98, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p53
Proposes distillation for the production of pure laboratory water. Differences between distillation and other methods; Path followed by the water to be distilled; Other distillation methods for producing various grades of distilled water.
- Essential oils and steam distillation. Mulvaney, Jill // Australian Journal of Herbal Medicine;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p140
The article discusses essential oils, which are concentrated and aromatic liquids which are derived from plants, and discusses the steam distillation process which is commonly used to manufacture essential oils. A comparison of hydro-distillation and steam distillation processes which can be...
- Effect of Collection Time on Essential Oil Composition of Lantana camara Linn (Verbenaceae) Growing in Brazil Northeastern. Sousa, Erl�nio O.; Colares, Aracelio V.; Rodrigues, Fabiola F. G.; Campos, Adriana R.; Lima, Sidney G.; Costa, Jos� Galberto M. // Records of Natural Products;2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p31
To verify the composition variation of its essential oil along 24 hours, leaves of Lantana camara Linn. of medicinal plant collection of the Department of Chemical Biology of URCA-Crato-CE, were collected every three hours during one day (of the 07:00 to 19:00 h) in April, 2008. The leaves had...
- Composition and anti-microbiological activity of the essential oil of Pelargonium capitatum L. (Geraniaceae) from Algeria. Djeddi, Samah; Djebile, Khadidja; Hadjbourega, Gania; Achour, Zoubida // American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture;2009, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
The essential oil was obtained by hydrodistillation of the aerial parts of Pelargonium capitatum L. collected from Blida (Northern of Algeria) and was analyzed by GC-FID and GC-MS. 14 components were characterized, representing 97.2% of the total components detected. The major componds of the...
- Chemical composition of the essential oil extracted from the leaves of the dwarfish (Chamaerops humilis L.) palm tree of Morocco (Region of Benslimane). Saïd, Khoudali; Abdelhak, Essaqui; Haidoune, M'bark; Benaissa, Mohamed // Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science;Aug2013, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p113
The wild sample of the dwarfish palm tree (Chamaerops humilis L.) was collected in the region of Benslimane (center of Morocco) in December, 2009. The organic extract of the plant was distilled using a typical device Clevenger (European Pharmacopoeia). The obtained essential oil was analyzed by...