Indiana Governor Green-Lights Toll Road Lease Deal
- INDIANA: Budget From Bad to Worse. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33109, p9
The article reports on a special session by Indiana legislators after failing to pass a new budget. Governor Mitch Daniels, who called them back, warned lawmakers they may need to cut $1 billion from the budget after April revenue shows a $255 million deficit. Daniels wanted to have revised...
- MAJOR MOVER. Goodman, Josh // Governing;Nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the accomplishments and contributions of Indiana's Governor Mitch Daniels to the state's finances and budgetary allocations. Daniels had been an executive of Eli Lilly during the reign of the late U.S. President Ronald and currently head of the Office of Management and...
- Daniels needs Dem. votes to pass budget measure. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/24/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p14
Suggests that Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels needs Democrat votes to pass budget measure. Daniels' State of the Speech address; Tax-hike proposal; Reluctance of some lawmakers to support only a temporary tax hike; Response of Democrats to Daniels' proposal.
- Daniels strangely quiet as fiscal issues fester. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p10
The article offers the author's opinion on the budget of Indiana for 2010 and the reluctance of Mitch Daniels, governor of Indiana, in using his influence and goodwill in the passage of legislative bills. He says that Daniels has not used his influence in several issues including the...
- INDIANA: Budget Under Review. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/19/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33452, p9
The article reports that the Indiana House Ways and Means Committee will be reviewing the two-year budget proposal of Governor Mitch Daniels.
- Legislators, governor disagree about special session. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/11/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p10
In this article the author discusses the disagreement between U.S. lawmakers and Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels regarding special season.
- INDIANA: Daniels to Sign Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/2/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32620, p9
The article reports that Indiana Republican Governors Mitch Daniels has announced that he plans to sign the $26 billion budget for fiscal 2008 and 2009 that lawmakers approved over the weekend of April 2007. The fiscal 2008 and 2009 budget includes more funding for education and health care,...
- So far, session is all about unearthing new revenue. Feigenbaum, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 52, p14
The article discusses the Indiana legislators' focused on finding additional funding sources during their budget session. The author notes that legislators seem more concerned with the cash than with the source and less concerned with where the money will be spent. Governor Mitch Daniels warned...
- A property tax sigh of relief and a reform wish list. Hetrick, Bruce // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/23/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p58
The article expresses appreciation for the establishment of a government reform commission by Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels to study a possible property tax reform. The author presents a reform wish list, which include the incorporation of incremental increases instead of the unrealistic...