Budget Debate Goes On
- West Virginia Governor's First Budget Features No Bonds. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p37
Reports on the amount of the proposed fiscal 2006 state budget by West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin. Elimination of the state's August sales tax holiday and severance taxes for companies in the plan; Share of funding provided for elementary and secondary education; Plan to hold a referendum on...
- West Virginia's Manchin Wants Special Session on Surplus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/10/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32689, p3
The article reports on the expected call of the Legislature by Governor Joe Manchin into a special session in West Virginia. Manchin's purpose is to seek appropriation of half of a nearly $100 million surplus and deal with another bond-related issue. He has also indicated interest in having the...
- Governor vetoes firearms tax holiday. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;4/15/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the veto by West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin III of a bill that provided for a holiday from consumers' sales and service tax for sales of guns.
- West Virginia's Ultrasound Option Bill Now Law. // National Right to Life News;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 37 Issue 6/7, p9
The article announces that pro-life West Virginia Governor Joe Manchin has signed the Ultrasound Option Bill into law on May 17, 2010, making West Virginia the 20th state to pass ultrasound legislation in the U.S.
- West Virginia Senators Split on Keystone Pipeline, Energy Issues. Kuykendall, Taylor // State Journal (WV);3/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p15
The article reports that two U.S. senators from West Virginia namely Jay Rockefeller and Joe Manchin disagree with each others views related to the amendment of the U.S. Surface Transportation Bill and rewriting of the Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology rule.
- Manchin Reaches National Audience From Capitol Hill. // State Journal (WV);1/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on U.S. Senator Joe Manchin who has made a name in national politics and became West Virginia's most influential politician in 2011.
- Bill would require changes in CMS's readmissions program. // AHA News;6/27/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the introduction of the Hospital Readmissions Program Accuracy and Accountability Act, S. 2501 introduced by Senator Joe Manchin.
- Bipartisan bill seeks to block EPA limits on greenhouse gas emissions from power plants. // Chemical Week;11/4/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 28, p6
The article reports on the draft legislation introduced by U.S. Senator Joe Manchin and House Energy and Power Subcommittee Chairman Ed Whitfield which aims to block previous greenhouse gas (GHG) power plant regulations proposed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 2013.
- Retailers Urge W.Va. Senators To Back Swipe Fee Reform. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);6/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p6
The article reports on the radio advertisement campaign by the National Retail Federation and West Virginia Retailers Association urging Senators Joe Manchin and Jay Rockefeller to support the swipe fee reform and oppose efforts in Congress that will stall the legislation.