- Virginia DOT to Tap Debt Program With $493M Issue. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/11/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33314, p6
The article reports on the move of the Department of Transportation in Virginia to price competitively the 492.7 million dollars of transportation bonds which is the first bond offering by the state from a three billion debt program approved in 2007.
- VDOT Seeks Private Partner to Build New Highway. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/16/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32321, p44
The article reports that Virginia Department of Transportation is seeking public-private partnership proposals to build a new four-lane divided highway between Petersburg and Suffolk. The new U.S. Route 460 project has been announced that it could be financed through the sale of tax-exempt...
- VIRGINIA: Toll Road Goes to MWAA. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;11/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32998, p9
The article reports that the Virginia Department of Transportation has turned over control of the Dulles Toll Road to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority. The agency is moving forward on a $5.2 billion Metrorail extension to Dulles Airport and $2-billion of tax-exempt bonds that will...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. DeSue, Tedra; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31368, p29
Reports developments related to bonds in various Southern States as of April 2002. Decision of Charlotte to sell its general obligations bonds; Decline of the revenue collections of Tennessee; Appointment of Philip Shucet as commissioner of the Virginia Department of Transportation.
- VDOT: 'Mixing Bowl' Overruns Won't Lead to Bonds. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p4
Reports that the Virginia Department of Transportation has assured the public that expected cost overruns on the Springfield Interchange Improvement Project will not lead to the issuance of bonds. Total cost of the highway improvement project; Percentage of the project's total cost to be paid...
- Virginia DOT Audit: $1 .45B Could Be Freed Up for Projects. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/27/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33389, p4
The article reports on a released audit by Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell of the state's Department of Transportation (VDOT) showing 1.45 billion dollars that could be given for projects and could accelerate VDOT's bond issuances.
- Someone needs to bag this. Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Jan2003, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p7
Editorial. Reports on an increase in the cost of the project The Mixing Bowl undertaken by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) to improve the Springfield Interchange grid in Virginia. Reasons behind the increase; Criticism of VDOT for ignoring the rate of inflation in cost...
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32319, p13
The article presents a calendar of events involving administrative agencies in the U.S. from February 17 to 28, 2006. The Turnpike Authority will hold a bond arbitrage calculations services in Kentucky. The Virginia Department of Transportation will hold a trustee/paying agent/registrar services...
- VDOT to lay off hundreds. // Public Works;Aug2009, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p13
The article reports that about 600 employees from the 8,200 employees of Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) in Virginia will be laid off effective in September 2009. It mentions that the layoff plan has been announced in 2008 which intends to get rid of 1,000 full-time and 450...