St. Bernard School Watch
- Cross Roads. Capochino, April // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the deliberation among the Holy Cross School's board of trustees whether to retain the school in New Orleans or relocate it to Jefferson Parish in Louisiana. Hurricane Katrina damaged most of the buildings, leaving the students in modular classrooms in the school's parking...
- Controversy! Bailey, J. B.; Deutsch, Alyssa // Campus Activities Programming;Back to School 2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p34
The article offers ways for a campus programming board in handling controversies. These controversies are divided into to categories, hurricane controversies and tornado controversies. In cases of hurricanes, the boards are advised to do research on the event, gather support from outside the...
- The superintendent's 10 commandments. // Curriculum Review;Jan2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p10
Offers guidelines when dealing with school boards. Importance of treating all board members equally; Need to provide all board members with enough information to act on the recommendation; Sense of humor.
- Excerpts From the National Policy Board's Report. // Education Week;5/24/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p21
An excerpt from the report "Improving the Preparation of School Administrators: An Agenda for Reform" of the National Policy Board for Educational Administration is presented.
- Are you lost in the weeds? // American School Board Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 198 Issue 7, p12
The article presents an introduction to an article within this issue by Del Stover on whether school boards actually prioritize their tasks, decide on a common goal and set agendas and asks readers to share their experience with their boards.
- Milwaukee mulls `radical' revamping of central office. Keller, Bess // Education Week;05/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p3
Reports that the Milwaukee school board has approved a proposal for a study of the state school system's central administration which may lead to changes in the 1998-90 school year. District administrators and principals as the people to compose the task force; Description of the proposed...
- SCHOOL BOARDS OF THE 22ND CENTURY. DiSibio, Robert A. // Education;Apr/May72, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p44
Examines the purpose behind the establishment of school boards. Role of school boards in the development of the society's future; Characteristics that should be possessed by school boards; Sections that should be included in school boards.
- N.J. board asks for policy on school takeovers. // Education Week;6/15/94, Vol. 13 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the request of the New Jersey board of education for a set of policies regarding the takeover of Jersey City schools from the state education department. Public testimony scheduled to be heard by both parties on the takeover; Board's adoption of a May 1994 report by its...
- Getting along with the board. Webb, Florence R.; Haught, Don // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Apr95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p25
Focuses on the working relationships between administrators and school board members. Administration as an education profession; Tradition of lay control of schools; Commitment to the welfare of students; Understanding roles; Taking time to build a relationship.