Angelides Names New Public Finance Director
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- Fiscal Recovery Bonds? // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on plan of California Treasurer Phil Angelides, to sell $18 billion of debt which the state needs to issue over the next 10 months in order to keep its recently adopted budget balanced, as of August 25, 2003. Schedule for the sale of $11 billion of Fiscal Recovery Bonds; Anticipation by...
- Angelides: Here's My Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p31
The article focuses on a proposal released by state treasurer Phil Angelides, the Democratic nominee for California governor, to balance the state's budget. Angelides claims that his plan for fiscal 2008 would bring in $5.1 billion in additional revenues and $1.15 billion in spending cuts. The...
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...
- Deficit Bonds Pushed Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p1
Reports that California will move ahead the schedule for its sale of deficit bond issue that voters approved in March 2004. Estimated value of bonds to be sold; Comments of Treasurer Phil Angelides, on the government's efforts to accelerate the bond sale schedule; Schedule for the insured and...