S&P: Gulf Region Faces 'Critical Choices' Before Recovery
- Appendix III: Funding Provided for the HIPC Initiative and MDRI. // GAO Reports;1/26/2009, p48
A variety of countries receiving the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries (HIPC) Initiative and the Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative (MDRI) Assistance that appeared in the January 2009 issue of the "Government Accountability Office" is presented.
- Appendix VII: Projected Impact of MDRI on Five Case Study Countries. // GAO Reports;1/26/2009, p61
A variety of projected impact of Multilateral Debt Relief Initiative (MDRI) on Ghana, Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania's Resource Availability that appeared in the January 2009 issue of the U.S. "Government Accountability Office" are presented.
- It'll take more than relief for recovery in Central America. // Network News;Fall98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p11
Urges debt relief in Central America after hurricane Mitch battered the region. Economic consequences of the disaster; Debt burden of Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala; Scale of the debt problem.
- Private Agencies and Public Relief. // Saturday Evening Post;11/24/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 21, p22
Looks into the government relief program of the U.S. Suggestion of raising funds to help support people in need of money; Factors influencing the bureaucratic nature of action on certain issues.
- Argentina: Restructuring Rumbles On. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/4/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the debt restructuring proposal offered by the Argentine government to investors. Details of the proposal; Revision made to the 2005 gross domestic product target; Challenges faced by the government in 2005.
- National Responsibility and the Just Distribution of Debt Relief. Cappelen, Alexander W.; Hagen, Rune Jansen; Tungodden, Bertil // Ethics & International Affairs;2007 Supplement 1, Vol. 21, p151
The article focuses on the national responsibility and just distribution of debt relief in the U.S. It addresses the question of whether this program is consistent with a view of justice commonly known as liberal egalitarianism. It discusses the national responsibility and international...
- How the Greek Debt Reorganisation of 2012 Changed the Rules of Sovereign Insolvency. Wood Q.C., Philip R. // Business Law International;Jan2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p3
In this article, the author offers information on the effect of debt restructuting "Greek debt reorganization of 2012" on the rules of sovereign insolvency. He mentions that the sovereign bankruptcy of 2012 can affect future sovereign bankruptcies in several ways. He further reflects on...
- San Francisco Airport Commission Readies $110M Deal. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/25/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32056, p36
The article reports that the San Francisco, California, Airport Commission kicks off a $737 million round of debt restructuring this week with a $ 110 million taxable deal. Wednesday's fixed-rate taxable deal, with Lehman Brothers as book-runner, will be followed by two variable-rate...
- Untitled. O'Connell, Bridget // Estates Gazette;9/20/2014, Issue 1438, p05
The article reports that bondholders and shareholders agreed to pub owner Punch Taverns' proposals to restructure its debt.