Proponents of D.C. Regional Metro Tax Continue Fight
- Counties to seek sales tax expansion for roads. Arcamonte // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/16/99, Issue 322500, p1
Reports on legislative proposal in California seeking the expansion of the sales tax for transportation. Provisions of the Senate Constitutional Amendment 3; Voter approval requirement to pass the bill; Agencies supporting the bill.
- Voters approve 3 sales tax proposals. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;8/15/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 33, pA2
The article reports that St. Charles County, Missouri voters approved sales tax propositions during the August 7 , 2012 election including half-cent transportation taxes, a tax increase for the parks and storm water improvement, and Proposition R which extends county tax from 2016 to 2026.
- SANDAG Holds Hearings on Tax for Transport. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;1/6/2016, p1
The San Diego Association of Governments is holding public hearings to gauge public sentiment on a half-cent sales tax for transportation.
- One step closer to an e-sales tax? Goldblatt // Business News New Jersey;10/18/99, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p10
Focuses on a proposal to collect sales tax on Internet-based transactions. Paul Francisco and Frederick Petschauer's development of a system for calculating, reporting, collecting and transmitting sales tax and user fee payments; Technical and political aspects of Internet taxes.
- Internet sales taxes would do more harm than good. Lilly, Aaron // Inside Tucson Business;09/20/99, Vol. 9 Issue 26, p5
Opposes the proposed imposition of sales taxes on electronic commerce in the United States. Problems in enforcing the proposed taxation; Possibility of double or triple taxation of a single item or activity due to the variety of transactions in electronic commerce, some of which are not subject...
- Internet sales tax issue faces lawmakers. Auer, Tonie // Fort Worth Business Press;06/09/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10A
Discusses the issue of imposing sales tax on electronic commerce transactions in the United States. Provisions under the Internet Tax Freedom Act; Concerns that if the federal government starts taxing Internet purchases, it would stifle the growth of electronic commerce; Need for policy makers...
- Why taxers shouldn't fear the Net. Kroes // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p83
Comments on the efforts of some government officials in the United States to impose sales tax on electronic commerce as of October 11, 1999. Tax advocates' computations for tax losses from Internet sales.
- A taxing situation. Rohan, Rebecca // Black Enterprise;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the debate over the collection of sales tax by Internet companies in the United States. Argument between state lawmakers and online vendors; Information on the Streamlined Sales Tax Project; Disadvantage of sales taxes on online sales of small businesses.
- Should Internet Sales Be Taxed? Koehn, Jo Lynne; Del Vecchio, Stephen C.; Macke, H. Weldon // National Public Accountant;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the debate over the taxation of electronic commerce sales in the United States. Enactment of a moratorium on Internet sales taxation in the Internet Tax Freedom Act of 1998; Arguments for and against Internet sales taxation; Possible resolutions to the problem.