Proponents of D.C. Regional Metro Tax Continue Fight
- Voters approve 3 sales tax proposals. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;8/15/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 33, pA2
The article reports that St. Charles County, Missouri voters approved sales tax propositions during the August 7 , 2012 election including half-cent transportation taxes, a tax increase for the parks and storm water improvement, and Proposition R which extends county tax from 2016 to 2026.
- Counties to seek sales tax expansion for roads. Arcamonte // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/16/99, Issue 322500, p1
Reports on legislative proposal in California seeking the expansion of the sales tax for transportation. Provisions of the Senate Constitutional Amendment 3; Voter approval requirement to pass the bill; Agencies supporting the bill.
- SANDAG Holds Hearings on Tax for Transport. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;1/6/2016, p1
The San Diego Association of Governments is holding public hearings to gauge public sentiment on a half-cent sales tax for transportation.
- Should Internet Sales Be Taxed? Koehn, Jo Lynne; Del Vecchio, Stephen C.; Macke, H. Weldon // National Public Accountant;Dec2001/Jan2002, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the debate over the taxation of electronic commerce sales in the United States. Enactment of a moratorium on Internet sales taxation in the Internet Tax Freedom Act of 1998; Arguments for and against Internet sales taxation; Possible resolutions to the problem.
- Failure to collect tax on e-commerce hurts Pa. // Central Penn Business Journal;5/27/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p14
In this article the author reflects upon the losses being incurred by the state of Pennsylvania as it does not has a mechanism to charge sales tax from customers on items brought into the commonwealth through electronic commerce.
- States Seeking Unity on Sales Taxes, Covet Web Revenues. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;08/08/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30949, p5
Reports on an initiative by a number of states in the United States aimed at simplifying and streamlining the sales and use tax system. Taxation of so-called remote sales; Prediction that participants in the Streamlined Sales Tax Project should be able to agree on model legislation; Development...
- Level the playing field on Internet sales tax. // BusinessWest;Feb2000, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p10
Supports the proposed imposition of sales taxes on electronic commerce in the United States. Reasons why electronic commerce should be taxed; Protection of financial security of every state in the country; Importance of the sales tax on leveling the playing field in the changing world of commerce.
- States Renew Efforts to Collect Taxes From Internet Sales. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/22/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the efforts of several U.S. states to collect sales taxes from Internet retailers including Amazon in light of massive budget shortfalls in 2010, with Colorado being the latest state to pass such a law in February.
- Why Internet sales taxes aren't necessary. Lilly // San Diego Business Journal;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p55
Argues against Internet sales tax in the United States. Background on the growth of the Internet and electronic commerce; Politicians' reasons for pushing for taxation of electronic commerce sales.