Florida's Unique OPEB Reporting Law May Prove Challenging
- Super splitting for the over 55s. Waller, Andrew // Money Management;4/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p36
The article discusses the revisions to the Superannuation Industry Supervision (SIS) Act in Australia. The article points out that a member may split his ongoing superannuation contributions with a spouse who is under age 65. It describes situations in which the SIS retirement condition of...
- Gov. signs pension deal. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/27/98, Vol. 45 Issue 30, p16A
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's signing into law a series of bills that will provide pension supplementation and enhanced retirement benefits to retirees in New York City, state and local retirement systems.
- Clinton proposes legislation to encourage savings by workers to enhance pension, portability status. // Insurance Advocate;04/13/96, Vol. 107 Issue 15, p36
Reports that legislation has been proposed by President Clinton to encourage workers to save for their retirement by expanding pension coverage, improving portability and enhancing protection. Target beneficiaries of the proposal; Benefits being offered by the proposed Retirement Savings and...
- Pennsylvania Mayors Back Pension Overhaul Bill. Burton, Paul // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/9/2014, p2
The article focuses on the municipal pension system of Pennsylvania in light of a new bill filed by Representative Seth Grove which is intended to overhaul the system. Topics discussed include the cash balance hybrid plan proposed by the bill, the impact of pension costs on the city, the...
- Super transitions: TTRs beyond July 1, 2007. Barrett, David // Money Management;8/2/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p30
The article discusses the implications of the new transition to retirement (TTR) pension rules in Australia. It includes the impact of new payment levels and changes to the taxation treatment of payments. The author explains that the general purpose of a TTR pension is to allow access to...
- BENEFITS CONFERENCE. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p54
The article offers information on the Benefits Management Forum and Expo to be held in Atlanta, Georgia between September 7-10, 1997.
- Govt warned on lifting small super threshold. // Money Management;2/13/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the concerns expressed by the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) regarding the impact of the proposed increase of small superannuation account threshold by the federal government on the insurance benefits of fund members in 2014.
- SOSYAL GÃœVENLÄ°K SÄ°STEMÄ°NÄ°N Ã–ZEL TASARRUFLAR ÃœZERÄ°NDEKÄ° ETKÄ°SÄ°: TÃœRKÄ°YE Ã–RNEÄžÄ°. İZGİ, Berna BALCI // Journal of the Cukurova University Institute of Social Sciences;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p361
The relationship between social security and private savings, is crucial for important policy issues such as establishing the effects of changes in pension legislation on saving behaviour. From a theoretical point of view, the life-cycle framework suggests that the provision of public benefits...
- Opra updates pensions rules. // Employee Benefits;Sep2003, p10
Reports on the adoption of new rules pertaining to pensions regulation in Great Britain. Scope of the new regulation; Benefits offered.