- US may show us the way. // Mortgage Strategy;8/3/2009, p26
The article reports on the 11% increase of home sales in June 2009 in the U.S. It states that figures from the U.S. Department of Commerce shows an increase of sales up to 38, 000 on the 346,000 in May. It emphasizes that the belief that the U.S. housing market has bottomed out and the economy...
- BUSINESS & Briefs. Waterford, Donald // National Review Bulletin;8/18/1970, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p128
This section offers business and economic updates in the U.S. Several issues surrounding the Scotch whisky warehouse receipts are highlighted. A warning was issued by the Scotch Whisky Association regarding the warehouse receipts. Based on the National Housing Act, a company can borrow more than...
- Do Imports Hinder or Help Economic Growth? Humpage, Owen F. // Economic Commentary;03/15/2000, p1
Focuses on the effect of imports to the economic growth of a country. Imports and the gross domestic product accounts; Growth and imports; Specialization and markets; Innovation and trade.
- Fitch: Negative Market Perception Holds Back Recovery. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;8/1/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p8
The article reports on the negative view on the housing market which blocks its recovery in the U.S.
- Tucson ranks as fifth-worst housing market for 2011. // Inside Tucson Business;1/13/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that Tucson, Arizona is ranked as the fifth-worst housing market in the U.S. in the 2011 Clear Capital Home Data Index Market Report.
- Real Estate News. Zibel, Alan // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/29/2010, Issue 1166, p25
The article reports that despite an increase in home sales in the U.S., there are concerns that the housing market, which is being fueled by government tax breaks, will not have a positive impact on the economic recovery in the country.
- Housing Hurts Calif. Recovery. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;10/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33799, p1
The article informs that the slow housing market of California is affecting the economic recovery for California's local government.
- Market May Open For Loans Backed By Servicing. Muolo, Paul // National Mortgage News;3/5/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the recovery of the housing market in the U.S., citing that most warehouse providers were ready, willing and able to extend credit to nonbank on the value of their retained servicing rights.
- Unexpected Dip in Home Sales. // American Banker;6/23/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 96, p10
The article reports that sales of previously owned U.S. homes fell in May 2010, which raises the risk that an economic decline following the June 31, 2010 expiration of the first-homeowner tax credit will be worse than anticipated.