Secondary Slips; Decent Interest in New Issues
- Munis Firm, Treasuries Rise; $668M Georgia GO Deal Leads. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/4/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31940, p2
Provides an overview of the United States bond market on August 3, 2004. Strengthening of municipal bonds; General obligation (GO) bonds sold by Georgia; Treasuries trading; New-issue market; Georgia GO bonds bought by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- Municipals Firm, Trading Moderate; $175 Million of Ohio GOs Repriced. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Trading status of municipal bonds; Reduction in equities; Reprice of Ohio higher education general obligation bonds by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.
- J.P. Morgan fortifies its business in California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p3
Reports on J.P. Morgan Securities Inc.'s launching of an effort to bolster its presence in the Western United States municipal bond market. Transfer of one New York City-based executive to San Francisco, California; Recruitment of three other bankers from competitors.
- Tobacco Thrives, Airlines Slide, and a Decent-Sized Deal at Last. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31596, p7
High-yield investors in the U.S. looking for supply in the municipal market have focused on tobacco and airline debt in the absence of other issues, but as airline credits weaken they have become less attractive, and new, more traditional paper is in the pipeline. The first sizable new...
- J.P. Morgan Violated Rule G-37. Hume, Lynn; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam // Bond Buyer;2/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32313, p1
The article focuses on the violation of Rule G-37 by J. P. Morgan Securities Inc. by serving as lead or co-underwriter of five negotiated municipal bond deals totaling almost one billion dollars for New York State authorities. One of the municipal finance professionals of the state contributed...
- NORTHEAST BOND-WATCH. // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p37
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of November 2003. Ratings of the revenue bonds offered by the Smithsonian Institution; Total amount of the solid-waste management system refunding bonds sold by Prince George County; Plan of Vincent La Padula to join the public...
- Municipals Weaken in the Wake Of 'Sloppy' $14B Treasury Auction. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p2
Reports on the status of municipal bonds for the February 10, 2005 bond trading in the U.S. Impact of the U.S. Department of the Treasury auction on the prices of bonds; Gains of J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. during the trading; Performance of the Treasury and tax-exempt market.
- Munis Drift Aimlessly Thanks to FOMC Uncertainty, Lack of Treasury Movement. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Increase in the federal funds rate; Worries of some individuals about inflation; Price given by J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. to the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority revenue new-money and refunding bonds.
- Atlanta, Houston Deals to Provide Short-Term Supply. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p6
Looks at deals in the bond market expected to close in the second week of June 2004. Final maturities of the multimillion dollar tax-exempt auction-rate bonds insured by XL Capital Assurance and Ambac Assurance Corp.; Plans of Bear Stearns and J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. to price a multimillion...