Just Do It For Women
- Nike finds its inner Goddess. Herceg, Rosemary // BRW;7/25/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p26
Deals with the move of Nike Inc. to give attention to the women segment of the sport market. Focus of the company on the men segment for most of its history; Information on the company's Nike Goddess program; Discussion on the success of the company.
- Nike strengthens ties with women. Hargrave-silk, Atifa // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;7/25/2003, p3
Nike Inc. is turning the spotlight on Asia's women as it gears up to launch the fall 2003 'Made for her' line. The' Nike Beautiful' campaign, created by the company, Wieden & Kennedy Tokyo, uses strong visuals of 'girl power' and encouraging messages such as 'I can do anything and I' m beautiful...
- The why of 'It'. Tyrer, Kathy // Adweek Western Edition;1/31/94, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p9
Features the advertising campaign of Nike for women. Different approach of the 'Just do it' slogan; Efforts of Nike to reach out to the female market for the past four years; Variety in the types of women featured in the advertisements.
- What distinguishes your network from the other cable channels that are geared toward female viewers? Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;2/182008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p20
The article presents the views of several television executives on the factors that distinguish their cable channels from others that target female viewers in the U.S. According to Susanne Daniels, president of entertainment for Lifetime Networks, they encourage women to be who they are while...
- Channel Changer. SAMMON, LINDSAY E. // FN: Footwear News;1/11/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p10
The article presents an interview with Mindy Grossman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HSN. He talks about his impressions of HSN before joining the firm. He also tells how he cultivated more loyalty among HSN consumers towards the firm. He also discusses opportunity provided by the footwear...
- Nike looks to reconnect with women in issue-based campaign. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;11/09/98, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p4
Reports on Nike Inc.'s plan to boost its women's business in 1999 with a broader product line and an extensive print advertising campaign addressing women's issues. Aim to build relevance and market share with post-college females; Rollout of women's concept shops in sporting goods, specialty...
- Nike Names Prez For Subsidiaries. Boyer, Eleanor // FN: Footwear News;6/26/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the appointment of Lee Bird as the new head of the subsidiaries division of Nike in June 2006. Bird, a former Gap Inc. executive, will be responsible for the business development and long-term growth strategies for Cole Haan, Converse, Hurley International and Exeter...
- Marketer of the year. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p1
Discusses the naming of Nike as `Advertising Age's ' 1996 Marketer of the Year. Nike's work to transform itself from a brand of sneakers to a marque; The ubiquitous swoosh as being more recognized and coveted by consumers than any other sports brand in 1996; Nike's financial details; Nike's...
- DIRECT CHOICE/NIKE. Thomas, Adrian // Marketing (00253650);1/9/2003, p8
Focuses on the direct marketing piece Enjoy the Weather of the sports manufacturer company Nike Inc. Description of the piece.